Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European 19th August 2012

4 Sep 2011 Belinda asked

Default_avatar

Hey, I'm going on the Ultimate European + Egypt departing on 19th August 2012. I'm going solo, so it would be great to hear from anyone else going on this tour.

• 6 Sep 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Hey, I am also going on this tour but with the Greek Island option. Thought I was the only looking that far ahead! Whereabouts are you from?
    Lindsey :)

• 6 Sep 2011 Belinda said

Default_avatar

Hi Lindsey!
    Yeah I’m a tad bit over excited about the tour already, so I decided to post a comment on here lol. I’m from Queensland, Australia. Where are you from? Are you coming on this tour with friends or by yourself?
    Belinda :)

Default_avatar

I’m glad someone else is as excited as I am! I’m also from Australia, from Newcastle. I was going solo but my best friend decided to come. Have you been on a Contiki before? Planning to do anymore travel while you’re over there?

• 6 Sep 2011 Belinda said

Default_avatar

I’ve been overseas before but I’ve never been on a Contiki, so I’m really excited! Straight after the Ultimate European I’m doing Great Britain & Ireland, because I want to see as much as possible :) How about you?

Default_avatar

Wow that’s crazy my friend who’s coming with me was planning on doing the Great Britain & Ireland tour straight after the Ultimate European but is now doing the one a couple of weeks beforehand. I went on the European Inspiration in February this year and it was great! Have you had any luck finding anyone else going on our tour?

• 7 Sep 2011 Belinda said

Default_avatar

That’s awesome, I was thinking of doing Great Britain and Ireland first, but I thought it may be too busy around London at that time with the Olympics. Are you going to be extending your stay in London before or after the tour? It’s great to hear that you had a good time on Contiki, I’ve heard so many positive reviews I cannot wait for this tour! I haven’t found anyone else going on this tour yet, but I was thinking about making a facebook group page for it. I know it’s early, but there’s already a few groups set up for 2012 with people in them.

• 7 Sep 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

I’m looking at doing a summer school in the UK before our tour, seeing as I’m deferring Uni for six months. So yes, I’ll probably be there for about a month beforehand, my friend and I are planning on having a week in London before the ULtimate European anyway. What about you? I’m so excited as well! You should make a Facebook group page for for it, I’ve seen a few for 2012 as well. At least there’s 3 of us so far.

Default_avatar

Studying overseas would be such a great experience! I’ve always thought about doing it, but I’ve kept putting it off. I’m graduating uni in July next next year, so I’m hoping to arrive in London a few days before the tour to recover from jet lag lol. It will depend on what the airfares are like. Do you know who you’re flying with yet? 3 is a great start to the group, I’ll go make the page now and post the link on here :)

• 7 Sep 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’ve had friends who have done it and loved it! I should be graduating at the end of next year but it’ll be a little later now! Jet lag definitely sucks – I know I needed a few days to recover last time! Not sure yet who I’m flying with, was thinking maybe Qantas or British Airways. What about you? Sounds good!

Default_avatar

I just added you to the group!!! I’ll put the link here in case other people find this post: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/208134889249009/ I just need to get a photo of our tour from the contiki page to add to our group’s profile picture. With the flights I was thinking about going with Qantas, mainly because they do direct flights to London from Sydney and Melbourne. I would prefer to just do the one big flight and get it over and done with. Plus I tend to worry about my bags going missing, so I think less stopovers will lower the chances of that happening. I can’t wait to book the flights, it makes the tour feel more real :)

• 8 Sep 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hey there guys, I did this earlier this year and wrote a blog about it. Here is the link, hope it helps http://bit.ly/conlink

• 8 Sep 2011 Belinda said

Default_avatar

Hey Earl,
    Thanks so much for thank link! I love reading past traveller’s blogs, it gives me a much better understanding of what to expect. I’ll go check it out now :)

• 8 Sep 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

No problems, let me know if I can help with anything.

• 10 Oct 2011 Kate said

Default_avatar

Hey, me and a friend have booked this tour last night with the greek island option!!
    ive been reading the posts about the tour and came about this one and your facebook page, ive requested to join the fb page.. i hope thats alright… :)

• 10 Oct 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

That’s awesome! My friend and I are doing the Greek Island option as well! Whereabouts are you guys from?

• 10 Oct 2011 Kate said

Default_avatar

Me and my friend are from Perth, how about you? Are you going anywhere before/after the tour?

• 10 Oct 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

We are from Newcastle. I will be in the UK beforehand, what about you?

• 10 Oct 2011 Kate said

Default_avatar

We will be in London a few days before the tour starts and probably a day or so after to rest up etc but ill probably go see some family while im up there too :)

• 4 Dec 2011 Anna said

Anna

Hey im booked on this tour with the egypt option! also traveling solo Im from NZ and planning on staying in London after my contiki with a working holiday visa. Super excited

• 4 Dec 2011 Kate said

Default_avatar

Hey Anna, one of the girls has made a facebook group; http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/208134889249009/

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.