Community_discussions_small  

Question

London and Paris December 29 to Jan 5

7 Sep 2011 Chanel asked

Default_avatar

Hi!

I am wondering if anyone else is doing this tour? I am sure there is at least a few people going because it is a confirmed departure! It would be nice to know who is going before the trip starts!

• 14 Sep 2011 Ash said

Ash

Hey! I think am going on this trip… Starts Dec 30 though doesn’t it? :)

• 14 Sep 2011 Chanel said

Default_avatar

hi!
    yeah its starts the 30th. i was including the day of travel! glad to know there are people on this trip!

• 14 Sep 2011 Ash said

Ash

I know! I asked beforehand if people will be on it! How exciting we will be spending new years on contiki! I hope heaps of people are there :) Where are you from?

• 15 Sep 2011 Chanel said

Default_avatar

i wanted to spend new years in Europe, so that’s why i booked this trip! i am going solo and kinda nervous. I am from Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. Where are you from? When will you be arriving to Europe?

• 15 Sep 2011 Ash said

Ash

Im from Sydney Australia. I will be there early december staying with friends… just wanted something a,ittle fun so thought contiki was a good option!

Default_avatar

thats awesome! I will be leaving in europe december 28th and staying until the january 6th.

• 15 Sep 2011 Ash said

Ash

Your not there for very long then? Dont plan to travel around at all?

Default_avatar

I know its a very short trip! I wish I could stay longer but, couldnt because of work. :( But hopefully this trip will be a blast!

• 17 Sep 2011 Elizabeth_Travels said

Elizabeth_Travels

Hey I’m doing this tour too! I’m doing the Rome extension after. I’m happy to see I wont be alone on this trip :-)

• 17 Nov 2011 Jea said

Jea

Hey everyone. My friend and I are both doing this trip. Does anyone have any idea where we should spend new years eve? And does anyone have an idea of how much money we need?

• 14 Dec 2011 Explorer1308820 said

Default_avatar

Hi my friend and i are doing this trip also, can’t wait. We were wondering if contiki would have ideas as to where to go for new years eve or would we have to plan something ourselves?

• 14 Dec 2011 Chanel said

Default_avatar

I am sure they might have suggestions on what to do. If not I am sure we can think of something :) Its almost time! I am getting excited. lol

• 15 Dec 2011 Explorer1308820 said

Default_avatar

Hi again, my friend and i have started looking at places to go for nye and we are going to buy tickets to Opal Bar in London it’s near the Thame river and hopefully we can see the fireworks from there. its only 20 pounds for the tickets and we’re not sure what that gets us probably just entry to the club. don’t know if it’ll be any good but we don’t want to be outside on the night. see you all soon

• 15 Dec 2011 Jea said

Jea

Do you know if you can use euro in London? And do you have to buy the tickets for Opal Bar in advance? Or can you get them at the door as well?

• 16 Dec 2011 Elizabeth_Travels said

Elizabeth_Travels

I think that looks like a cool place and it’s in a good spot to see fireworks(which I really want to see!).
    :D
    This trip is coming up so fast! I’m excited.

• 16 Dec 2011 Chanel said

Default_avatar

That place does look nice! I wouldn’t mind going there. When are you guys arriving in london?

• 16 Dec 2011 Explorer1308820 said

Default_avatar

I’m not sure if they take euro in london, they might have money exchange places though that you might be able to change your currency. If you book it online it’s only 20 pounds. it does say that you can buy at the door for 25 pounds. We are buying them just in case they fill up by the time we get over there.

we fly in on 27th at 6.30 at night and have a few days before the tour. we are coming from sydney.

• 16 Dec 2011 Jea said

Jea

we fly in at 9:00am on the 29th and have the whole day before we meet up with the tour.

• 16 Dec 2011 Chanel said

Default_avatar

Thats cool. I fly in on the 28th around noon. So I have about a say and a half before the tour starts. Are you guys staying in the imperial or royal national before the tour starts?

• 16 Dec 2011 Acacia said

Acacia

Hi! Im coming from Chicago, IL. Im so super excited! I arrive the morning on the 30th.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.