Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone booked for Island Hopper West 17 Dec 2011?

7 Sep 2011 Bronwyn asked

Bronwyn

• 13 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

quite possibly yes. just waiting for confirmation.
    you?

• 13 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

i am confirmed for the trip. have you been to thailand before? i see you’ll also be travelling solo… good to “meet” ahead of the time :o)

• 13 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

haha ye i was in thailand jan 2010. i loved it so much its time to return.
    i always travel solo, never have friends who can make it.
    I am from Melbourne Australia :)
    nice to meet you too

Bronwyn

ah well that’s great to hear – must have been a blast if you’re going back already! where did you go the last time?
    think it’s really great contiki’s doing asia now – also find it difficult to find friends that can make it and this is the best way to do it!
    i saw you were on another discussion with some guys from SA – I am also from SA, living in Johannesburg these days

• 13 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

ye i saw you on the other discussion too.

thailand is a very intersting place. lost of fun, quite crazy too :) last time i stayed in patong for a week then went to koh samui (which is amazing too) and then to bangkok. spent 1 day in phi phi islands, lovely place.

ye i like contikis because i can go alone on a tour without worrying abou tgetting lost or being alone haha.

Bronwyn

yep, probably easier to combine it to one although we seem to be the much chattier people ;o)

you’re making me very excited – you’ll probably get all sorts of travel questions from me now! are you planning on doing any tours/sightseeing while we’re there or are you more interested in the beach and partying?

totally agreed on contikis – i’ve only done one before but loved it, such great people too…. and nice to have the safety net rather than being completely solo

• 13 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

haha contiki is about sightseeing and partying. so ill do it all. my birthday is the day before we start so the 17th i plan to have a celebration ha. i have seen alot of phuket already but im happy to see things again :)
    im just going to have fun, relax from a year at a new job and just enjoy myself and relax.

and there is nothgin wrong with being chatty :)

Bronwyn

ah, a birthday… we’ll definitely have to make sure there’s a celebration for that :o) sure it will be a fun way to meet some people and make some friends.

cool, you must tell me if there’s anything i must see that you’ve seen already – i obviously want to see as much as i can while i’m there but also want to just have fun and relax. will do a little research before and then just play it by ear i suppose

haha, no, def nothing wrong with being chatty at all :o)

• 13 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

the giant buddah is worth seeing. tthe boat trip to phi phi islands are usually fun :) there is so much stuff. definately bangla road.!!!! im trying to think of what else :p

a belated birthday party ha, why not :p

Bronwyn

haha, yay – well there’s lots of time to think about it!

i definitely say why not, esp when you’ll have a bunch of awesome people to celebrate with… how old will you be turning, by the way?

• 15 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

I’m turning 22 ha — im just a young one haha.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.