Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Contrasts???

8 Sep 2011 tanners_13 asked

tanners_13

Hey everyone!

I know its far away from now, but by any chance, is anyone going on the European Contrasts tour in August or September of 2012?

• 18 Sep 2011 Michael said

Michael

Im going on the European Contrast September 6th 2012, havn’t found anyone else going yet but its stil early days :)

• 19 Sep 2011 tanners_13 said

tanners_13

Oh that’s really cool! I was planning on going to the European Contrasts, but i changed my mind. I’m totally going on the European Adventurer. The only thing is that I’m going to have to save up more. It’s more expensive, but it’s longer and you get to see more countries! I’m so excited, but hopefully i can go in September 2012. If not I’ll have to go the year after. We’ll see!

Hope you have fun on your trip, I’m sure your super excited! I would be!

• 26 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Yayy! Someone else who will be going on September 6th lol…
    Supa excited!! .. Can’t wait =)

• 26 Sep 2011 Michael said

Michael

awesome :) I’ve been waiting for someone else to be going on this tour. This will be my first time to Europe and I can’t wait. just think this time next year and we’ll be in Prague. I get to start my birthday in the Swiss Alps as well =)

• 26 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

I was debating for ages on weather i should do this or not (i think im going to like be the “nanna” of the group lol).. but a lot of people have said that there are occasionally a few older people who go, so i thort, why not lol.

Ohh wow, what a way to spend your birthday, thats pretty exciting =)..

This will be my first time to Europe too. Im really excited (and nervous… im travelling solo).. but so cant wait.

Are you going with anyone or also travelling solo?

• 27 Sep 2011 Michael said

Michael

I thought I might be the older one on this trip as I’ll be turning 30 on tour. Im also traveling solo. Im very nervous but far more excited I think, its all I can think about. I’ve been looking at Contiki Catalogues for years now and decided I’ve had enough of dreaming about it so I made it official.
    Im from New Zealand but live in N.S.W, but that is reallly the only travel I’ve done so this should definately broaden my horizons =)

• 27 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Thats definately going to be a birthday to remember. Yeah i have wanted to go for a long time now, but due to family comitments i have never been able to get away. But now it’s “me time” and i am supa excited about it. I live in Queensland and the furtherest i have ever travelled is to melbourne.. So is definately time for me to get out there and experience new things. =)

• 27 Sep 2011 tanners_13 said

tanners_13

You guys are so lucky!!! Unfortunately, I can’t go in september of next year i have to go the year after! Kinda sad about that but it gives me more time to save up, so i can spend more on partying….I mean….yeah lol!

• 28 Sep 2011 Michael said

Michael

Lol, no partying for me until Contiki, saving, saving and more saving.
    Apperentely most of us will be staying at the same Hotel that we depart for our tour from so we will be able to catch up for drinks to get to know each other before we leave:)

• 28 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Bummer that you cant come too Tanners.. I cant wait to party with all the new people im going to meet.. Yeah i have heard that a lot of us will be at the same hotel, so will be good way to officially meet before the tour kicks off…
    Have you booked your accomodation for your stay yet?? Are you staying a few days before and after your trip? And what about flights? Have you book those yet or are you waiting for a bit?

• 29 Sep 2011 Michael said

Michael

I haven’t booked anything except for my tour at the moment. I will probally be in London for a day or two after tour but will have to come home due to work :(
    can’t wait to meet everyone. Where is Tanners?

• 29 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

I have only booked my tour aswell… Ahh ok, yeah I have to come back pretty much straight away too, but am hoping I will also be able to spend a day or two in London after the tour ends.. Be a nice way to end it I think.

Michael

I’m sure we’ll be great friends by then and maybe I can see London with you as well :) The tour ends on the 4th October and I have to be back at work by the 8th so if I stay it really will only be a day or two

• 29 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Yeah I like the sound of that.. Would be nice to see the sights with someone =)… And im betting we definately be great friends by the time we finally get to meet up. I know it’s ages away but I’m really looking forward to this trip =).

Michael

You an I both =)
    This is my trip of a lifetime so I’m going to make the absolute most out of it.
    If you’d like you can add me on facebook, Michael Orr, my profile pic is the same as this one so you should find me easy enough :)

• 29 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

I’m the same. I dont know when I will gwt this opportunity to do anything like this again so am DEFINATELY going to make the most of every second.. Oh cool, thank you. I will add you to facebook now =)

• 30 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

I know it is going to be really good and exciting to see all of the places we will be visting, but is there any place in particular that you are reallly looking forward to really seeing? Or any of the optionals that you really would like to do?

• 30 Sep 2011 tanners_13 said

tanners_13

I hope when i go i will meet some cool people. You guys seem to really hit it off! I’m from Montreal Quebec, Canada, and if you guys want to, you can add me too to facebook. Tania Cianfarra, my picture is me in a green hoodie. When you guys come back from the trip i want to hear everything about it! I torn between two tours! Contrasts or Adventurer!

• 30 Sep 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Ohh sweet thank you, I’ll definately add you to facebook =)

I’m sure you will meet some really cool people and be great friends with them forever.. I was really torn between two tours aswell (Experience and Contasts), but decided in the end to go with Contrasts as it is a little bit longer and because this is something that I am more than likely only going to be able to do once, I wanted to make the most of it and see as much as I could on the one trip.

Would love to tell you all about it when we get back.. You probably wont be able to shut me up about it haha.

• 1 Oct 2011 Michael said

Michael

Oh yeah its my birthday and all I can think of is that this time next year I’ll be in the Swiss Alps :) can’t wait

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion