Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Contrasts???

8 Sep 2011 tanners_13 asked

tanners_13

Hey everyone!

I know its far away from now, but by any chance, is anyone going on the European Contrasts tour in August or September of 2012?

• 23 Oct 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Lol yeah I’ll be snapping everything in sight haha… Heck yeh! will be doing as many (if not all) of the optionals as possible .. Really really looking forward to the Gondola Ride and whitewater rafing. But cant wait to do them all hahaha… I wish i had of started travelling a lot soon thats for sure..

I dont think i will be doing another tour to this extent after this one =(… Due to family stuff, (i have kids so kinda makes it difficult for me to be able to get away). So i guess im pretty lucky to even be able to do this one… SO def gunna make the most of it thts for sure lol.. Although Id really llke to travel to Bali at some stage.. Thailand would be an awesome place to travel to =)

Are you going to be doing any of the optionals at all? Is there anything you are REALLY looking forward to seeing or doing the most on this trip?

• 23 Oct 2011 beccaamy said

beccaamy

I’ve budgeted to do all the optionals, I dont want to miss out on anything :)

I’m thinking of flying out of Sydney on the Monday because that is probably all Ill be about to scrounge out of my annual leave LOL.

• 23 Oct 2011 B.J said

B.J
    Wow.. Oh really how many kids do you have? I’ll be doing all of them really looking forward to the jangfrau.. And pretty much everything Greece and Germany and omg everything lol.. I’m thinking of Flying out the Monday.. chel we could meet at one of our joining flights or see what the time differences are I spouse we can figure all that out when we look :) I’m so so excited far out lol.. :)
  • 23 Oct 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Ohh I dont wanna miss anything either beccaamy. I was thinking of mayb leaving the monday aswell.

Lol me tooooo BRING ON SEPTEMBER 2012 lol …. I have 4 kids B.J.. I thought i was guna be like the “nanna” of the group hahaha and be like the oldest (well i still probably am lol.. ill be 32 on the tour.. I know, im an oldie) but one of the other guys ive been chatting to on here is guna be 30 so is kinda good to know im not the only one around that age.. Better late than never to travel i spose lol…. I really wanna meet as many people on this trip as possible and have the best time, so im just hoping my age wont be a problem for some.

I was actually thnking before, that if you want I can always fly out from Melbourne with you (would be a good excuse for me to spend a night or 2 with my sis before we leave lol)

• 23 Oct 2011 beccaamy said

beccaamy

If we all fly out on Monday we should all land in London at similar times!

• 23 Oct 2011 B.J said

B.J

Sounds good to me chel up to you? :) would be awesome to fly out together.. 4 kids that’s cute how old?? Your age won’t mean a thing we will all have a ball :)
    Yeh we all should get to London around the same time :) awesome..

• 24 Oct 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Yeh be good if we all arrived around the same time.. I dont mind flying down to you B.J and leaving from Melb. My kiddies are almost 13, 11, 7 and almost 6.. So definately need a bit of a break hahaha…

Not sure weather ive asked or not (and sorry if i hav lol) are you going solo beccaamy?

• 24 Oct 2011 B.J said

B.J

Hey chel?? Um I can change to your tour yay :) eeeexcited but it’s not definately going it could not go ahead I’m just checking with you cause I don’t want to change and then I cant go :(.. I have until Thursday to change my mind do you know if it’s definately?? Oh cute they will have you runnin off your feet you definately need a holiday :)

• 24 Oct 2011 B.J said

B.J

Awesome sounds good :) and I don’t mind paying half your flights from Qld to melb cause your helping me out alot lol :)

• 24 Oct 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Hey B.J. … Ohh yes, they definately keep me on my toes thats for sure lol.
    Umm yaaaaaay (but ohhhh no!! at the same time) lol.. I didnt realise that it wasnt a definate departure date… Im so glad i found out now. The chicky who has been orgainising my tour is away until monday, but I was thinking, how about I change my tour to yours?? At least that way we know we will definately be going (and wont be left behind) =).
    I so dont wanna miss this opportunity, so im guessing it would be the smarter thing to change to a definate departure?? than to be unsure over the comming months.. AND miss out altogether =(
    Let me know what you think =)

• 24 Oct 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Aww that was really sweet of you to offer… But, Nooooooooooooooo.!!!! Lol… I dont want you paying for half my flight =) ..Even though im slightly (ok..much) older lol i was really not lookiing forward to flying alone haha.. So i honestly dont mind comming down and flying out with you.. I think it might help pass the time by too.. Be nice to have someone to chat with whilst on the loooooong flight lol =)

• 24 Oct 2011 beccaamy said

beccaamy

The definite departure was one of the main reasons I picked the 12 September 2012 date. There is quite a few people on here that are interested, so I was hoping it would go ahead. But now I’m not sure.

• 24 Oct 2011 B.J said

B.J

Ok so I have booked the 6th it will go ahead cause of the Oktoberfest and its very popular that time of year so I think it will.
    I’m going to leave Melbourne on the 2nd :) and leave London on the 6th :) chel If you want you should email me your number so I can give you a call :)… dayle_buckley_1989@hotmail.com.. And we can talk properly lol.. It will be amazing to have you on my flight to London and back it will be amazing :) I hope we can :).. The flight centre was only going to save me 30$ so I’m going to book my flights thru Contiki and then we can both book at the same time if you want :) beccaamy you let us know what your doing to so we can meet with you to I’m so so eeeeekcited :)…

• 27 Oct 2011 Michael said

Michael

Nice to meet you B.J and Beccammy, now that our tour group is getting bigger im getting very excited, only like just over 10 Months to go, can’t wait bring on September 6th 2012

• 3 Nov 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

How is everyone’s planning going?

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

Awesome :) how are yours going hehe.. :)

• 3 Nov 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Would have to say mine are awesome too haha =)

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

Haha are you free in about 15 minutes I’ll give you a call :).,

• 3 Nov 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Yeah i sure am =)

• 3 Nov 2011 kellym777 said

kellym777

hi guys, sorry to jump into your conversation.. but a friend and i are also looking at booking onto the sept 6 tour… so we will probably meet all of you! :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.