Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Contrasts???

8 Sep 2011 tanners_13 asked

tanners_13

Hey everyone!

I know its far away from now, but by any chance, is anyone going on the European Contrasts tour in August or September of 2012?

• 3 Nov 2011 kellym777 said

kellym777

no way am i booking flights through contiki… too expensive! my travel agent has given me a price for return syd – heathrow.. depart mon sept 3 and return thu oct 11 for $1989.. im gona check out the travel show this weekend for a deal though. i’m tossing up between booking now, as it is europe early bird sales.. or waiting closer for a last minute deal. just worried if i did that i wouldn’t get a flight!

• 3 Nov 2011 beccaamy said

beccaamy

Student flights have reaally good deals but only till March 31 2012. I’m just sure which airline is best either

kellym777

im looking at emirates or ethiad because they will stop in dubai or abu dhabi which is about the half way point between sydney and london

• 3 Nov 2011 beccaamy said

beccaamy

I found a really good deal with Emirates and I’ve heard they are pretty good!

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

I got cheaper thru Contiki.. I’m only paying 1930$ with Etihad :).. Travel agent could only get 1990$ not saving much but id rather go thru them :). So damn excited :)

kellym777

oh that’s good.. when i’ve looked up prices through contiki it was around $4,000!! no way i was paying that!

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

No way I wouldn’t pay that either lol.. Na not that high haha..

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

No way I wouldn’t pay that either lol.. Na not that high haha..

kellym777

did you get your flight prices off the website (by doing online booking) or did you have to contact a contiki representative?

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

I contacted my Contiki representative :)..

kellym777

ok cool i might do that and see what deal i can get :)

• 3 Nov 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Sounds like we are all going to get there around the same time.. Be good to catch up and meet before the tour departs =)

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

Kelly i reckon its worth it :) Be fantastic chel can’t wait :) :)..

kellym777

i’ve just sent off an email to my contiki rep so we’ll see what price i can get. we should definatley meet up beforehand. we plan to use our day before to rest before leaving on contiki. we will also have our pre-contiki meeting the night before we leave so we’ll get to meet all the other people on our tour

• 3 Nov 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Just made a facebook group, Contiki European Contrasts September 2012, for this tour if anyone is interested in joining =)

• 3 Nov 2011 B.J said

B.J

Awesome sounds good well hopefully they can find you a great deal Kelly :) and of course can’t wait for the meeting of everyone :) whoo… Everyone should join the Facebook group ;) xxx

• 4 Nov 2011 kellym777 said

kellym777

this tour is a definate departure now.. which means there’s 30+ people booked… there’s gotta be more than us few! lol.. i havent even booked yet!

• 4 Nov 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Lol you would think so wouldnt you kelly haha.. So glad this one is a definate departure now =).. Have you decided if you are definately doing this one yet?

• 4 Nov 2011 kellym777 said

kellym777

yeah im pretty certain we are! there is the europe travel show in sydney this weekend so im going to go and see what they can do for me.. but you shall see me in london next september! :P

• 4 Nov 2011 Chel said

Default_avatar

Cool, hopefully they can sort something out for you. Woohoo! Cool, bring on September 2012 haha =)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion