Community_discussions_small  

Question

BEST OF USA - 19 April 2012-2 May 2012 (depart LA)

8 Sep 2011 Ellyne! asked

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
Anyone else doing the Best of USA - 19 April 2012 - 2 May 2012 departing from LA?
I'm 22, from Sydney, NSW, Australia and i'm travelling alone on this trip.
I'm spending 3 days in LA before the trip starts and 2 days in NY after the trip finishes then off to Vegas for a week afterwards.
If anyone else is on this tour as well, i'd love to know!
Thanks guys,
Ell.xx

• 11 Sep 2011 Jiun said

Jiun

Hey Ell!

I am hoping to get my leave approved at work this week but I should be booking onto this tour in the near future :) How long are you travelling for all up? You just hitting up LA, NY, Vegas, along with San Fran which is on the tour?

I’m from Perth and will be travelling alone as well. At this stage, I’ll probably be in LA for 2 days before the tour, and in NY for a day after… You made any plans in those cities pre and post tour yet?

Good to already know a fellow Aussie on tour :)

Jiun

• 22 Sep 2011 MissC90 said

Default_avatar

Hello :-)
    Myself and my friend are booked on this one!! So excited!

Chevy

• 22 Sep 2011 Jesskate85 said

Jesskate85

Hi Ell! Im booked on this trip :) I’m 26, from Adelaide. I will be spending 2 days prior in LA and 2 days after in NY!
    Jess

Default_avatar

Oh I am also 21 this coming December and am from Perth. We will also be in LA 2 days prior and in NY 2 days after Contiki finishes :)

Chevy

Jesskate85

This is my first time overseas, and the trip i’ve wanted to do my entire life. Needless to say I’m a tad excited! Am going solo too!

Default_avatar

Me too Jess!! You are brave for going alone, but I hear alot of people do it!

• 22 Sep 2011 Jiun said

Jiun

I am now officially confirmed this on tour too :) Second big solo overseas trip for me – I did 3.5 months going around Europe and to Egypt 2 years ago.

Haven’t worked out my pre and post tour accommodation yet. Likely to be 2 days in LA pre and 1 day in NY post as I’ll be in NYC for 4 days earlier on in my trip visiting a mate. Is everyone just staying at the Contiki hotels before and after the tour?

• 22 Sep 2011 Ellyne! said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting me know. :)

I am going alone too Jess, this is a trip i’ve wanted to do FOREVER also. I’m soooo excited.

Do you guys have facebook? I was thinking about starting a facebook group for us all to join and chat on before we go.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Ell.

Jesskate85

Im staying at contiki hotels before and after.
    Facebook group sounds good!
    Now to get that passport organised!! :)

Default_avatar

I was thinking of booking into the Contiki hotel in LA, but then choosing a different hotel to stay post Contiki in NY. A facebook group would be cool :)

Chevy

• 22 Sep 2011 Jiun said

Jiun

Yeah Facebook group sounds good! Worked really well for the 45-day Ultimate European Tour I did in 2009 as we got to know each other and organise things well in advance :) Good to know there is a few of us staying pre and post so I won’t be wandering around LA & NY by myself!

• 22 Sep 2011 Ellyne! said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

No worries, i’ll organise the Facebook group for us then.

I will stay Contiki hotels before and after too. ITs the Skyline Hotel in NYC isnt it? Do we know the hotel in LA?

Thanks,

Ell.

• 24 Sep 2011 brradjack said

Default_avatar

Hey Ell!
    I’m brad. I just booked myself in on this tour!
    I’m 20 now but will be 21 when the tour starts and i will be doing this tour on my own too.
    I’m getting to LA on the 17th april and staying 2 weeks in NYC afterwards before heading over to europe for another contiki! european inspirations!
    brad

• 24 Sep 2011 Derek said

Derek

Hey!
    I’m Derek, Looking at booking this holiday soon. My first time overseas and going solo!
    I’ll be 23 by the time this trip happens, and in need of a great long holiday :) I’d most likely spend a number of days at both LA and NY.
    Originally planned to go to Canada, but i cant wait till then :)

• 4 Oct 2011 Ellyne! said

Default_avatar

hi guys.

the link for the facebook page is…

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Contiki-Best-of-USA-19-April-2-May-2012/151769398250827?sk=wall

so head over there and like it! :)

Ell.

• 4 Oct 2011 AAB90 said

AAB90

hey guys

I’m from Australia and I just turned 21. i have never travelled overseas before so i’m nervous but also really excited to check out USA.

• 5 Oct 2011 Ash Nelson89 said

Ash Nelson89

Hey all! My boyfriend and I are both on this trip. Were from Perth and both 23. Were spending the night in the contiki hotel in LA before the tour starts.. then heading off to Miami for 5 days afterwards! Can’t wait to meet everyone.. :) Ash

• 24 Oct 2011 Explorer1171031 said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I’ll be joining this tour also. My name is Hannah, 25yo, from little old Adelaide and it’s my first time overseas – no one’s commented on here in a little while but I’m looking forward to meeting you all :)

• 27 Oct 2011 AAB90 said

AAB90

I’m arriving one day before and staying one day after the tour

• 7 Nov 2011 Mel786 said

Mel786

Hey everyone,
    My sister rachel, 23 and I, 25 are from country SA and are also booked on this tour…
    We are staying at the suggested hotel one night before the tour but gonna organise something else for after we think..
    So much to organise but we are so so excited.
    Cant wait to meet everyone
    Mel

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion