Community_discussions_small  

Comment

England & Scotland (Winter): Dec 18th-25th

11 Jul 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar
Hi all,

Is anyone going on this tour? I am doing it solo before I head off on the Winter Wanderer tour on Dec 26th.. Would love to know who's on this tour seeing as we will be having christmas together!

Amanda. x
  • 14 Jul 2010 AliNovak said

Default_avatar

Hi Manda!

My husband and I are booked on this tour. We;re also doing the winter wanderer but before this one not after.

I’m so excited about a white Christmas.

• 14 Jul 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Oh thats so great! You will be able to give me the lowdown on the tour then :-)

I’m very excited about a white Christmas too!!

Are you staying at the Royal National that night we get in? Because that will be Christmas day!

How old are you and your husband? I am 22 years old!

• 7 Aug 2010 Matt/Kate said

Default_avatar

hey guys, names matt. me and my girlfriend kate are going on this tour as well. also on the winter wandered that alinovak is going on. will be well and truly used to each other by then. im 24 and my gf is 20. we are from victoria, australia.

• 7 Aug 2010 Explorer1163038 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone! im kate…matts girlfriend, he has already posted on this wall. very excitied to meet everyone, this is fantastic how we can talk before we go! we are staying in the royal national the night before both the tours we are going on. we are from australia, how old and what counrty is everyone else from? =)

• 8 Aug 2010 AliNovak said

Default_avatar

Hey Kate and Matt!

So excited that we’re on the same tours.

I’m 26 and Andrew is 27. We’re from Canberra, Australia. We’re staying at Royal National the night before and after as well. Have you guys booked anything for in between the tours?

We fly out of Sydney on November 18 which is only 102 days now (and counting!)

• 8 Aug 2010 Explorer1163038 said

Default_avatar

Awsome! surprisingly i havnt actualy done a count down yet!! 102 days! sooo excited! yeah we are…. staying in london for the whole time. got a london pass thing, doing all those historic things =). wat bout u? we dont no the name of our hotel in london, the travel agent booked it lol, but we are staying in the royal national 2 nights b4 the first tour and the night b4 the secon one. we fligh from melb on the 17th so 101 days!!!

• 8 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Hey Matt and Kate! Oh its so good to see people are actually going on this tour, I was getting a little worried haha. I get into London on 17th, then have this tour 18-25th then heading on the winter wanderer 26-18th. I’m spending a week in London after that with my friend from 18-24th. Soooo excited!! I’m going it solo, so I’m glad I’m able to chat to you guys on here, a little nervous :-( I’m from little old Adelaide! We should all add eachother on facebook as its much easier to talk. P.S Sooo excited for a white christmas!

• 8 Aug 2010 Matt/Kate said

Default_avatar

ah k then, well we are bailing on the last day of the tour as i have family in england that we are going to have our white christmas with. cant wait though, should be pretty awesome to wake up in the morning and have snow outside.

• 8 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Yeah will be pretty cool. Oh that’ll be nice. I’ll be spending Xmas night at the Royal National hahaha.

• 12 Aug 2010 stoomer said

Default_avatar

hey guys!

I’m also on this tour! My name’s Stevie and from Brisbane! Don’t worry Amanda, you’re no the only one doing this tour solo.

• 12 Aug 2010 Matt/Kate said

Default_avatar

hey stevie, yeah its fast approaching, should be a lot of fun. just wish it would hurry up and get here already instead of now being excited about it and having to work still.

• 13 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Hey Stevie! Oh awesome, that’s good that I’m not the only solo! I’m from Adelaide. How old are you? How much spending money you guys planning on bringing? I’m aiming for $6,000 for the 6 weeks I’m away.

• 15 Aug 2010 AliNovak said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! and welcome Stevie.

My travel agent emailed me the other day and said this tour is now a guarenteed departure! YAY! So happy – I was really worried it might be cancelled due to not enough people.

I bought a new jacket yeterday 50% off in the sales! Wish I didn’t have to wait so long to wear it.

• 22 Aug 2010 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!
    My boyfirned and i are thinking about doing this tour and then berlin to budapest after as we did the European Explorer last year and loved it!

Just trying to convince him it’s well worth the money! Looking at flights that fly out on the 17th of Dec from Perth and arrive 5am on the 18th – do any of you know what time the tour is leaving from the royal national? just worried it will be rushed and i have to work the morning of the 17th so we have no choice but to take a flight that ends up arriving on the morning of the tour! Thats the only thing stopping us

Ciao hope to hear from you soon

Rhiannon x

• 22 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Hey Rhiannon! Oh thats awesome, hopefully you can join us :-) I’m pretty sure all concept tours leave at 6.45am from the Royal National, so you may be right, but I’be heard if you miss the pre-tour meeting you have to get there 45 mins earlier so that would mean 6.00am. Thats just whatI’be heard maybe call a contiki rep and ask!

• 14 Sep 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

What’s everyone’s facebook?? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Oct 2010 Jono said

Default_avatar

Hey guys and girls,

Im Jono and im now booked onto this tour as well, Im 22 from Sydney and am travelling solo.. Im getting into london on the 17th and staying at the imperial the night before (its like 100m down from the national)..I then leave for Madrid on the day after we get back to join the Spanish Spree tour…getting pretty close till we leave!!…im sure itll b awesome…cold…but awesome

• 5 Oct 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Hey Jono,

That’s awesome, good to hear more people are coming! I’m 22 from Adelaide. I fly in Dec 17th aswell, got this tour then heading off on the Winter Wanderer then spending a week in London with my friend at the end. Looking forward to seeing England? It’s going to be awesome, cold but. Hopefully we see snow! How long are you going for? I’m going for 6 weeks!

• 5 Oct 2010 Jono said

Default_avatar

hey,

Londons a great place, I did the European Panorama tour a year and a half ago and had about a week and a half in london, so I did a fair bit of touring..but saying that i dont mind going back for a second time…Ill be away for about a month in total this time around cause I have to get back to start work again (unfortunately)…and definately hoping for snow!! im sure well get some in northern england and scotland!!

• 5 Oct 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Yeah I’m really looking forward to seeing London. Yeah I wanted to add in skiing or ireland but work ruined my fun haha. Yeah I reckon it’ll snow def in Scotland, so excited!! How did you find the European Panorama tour? The one I’m doing is pretty similar but instead of going down to corfu we do prague and berlin. Wish I was going in Summer but I think Winter will be pretty cool too!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.