Community_discussions_small  

Question

Kia Ora! European Discovery leaving on 31/12/11?

13 Sep 2011 miss_meg asked

miss_meg

Hey Meg here from NZ

I'm on the European Discovery Winter tour that is leaving London new years eve and goes to;

Amsterdam
Rhine Valley
Munich
Innsbruck
Venice
Rome
Florence
Lucerne
Paris

I will be in London staying at the Contiki hotel for a few days before hand - this is my first Contiki and my first time travelling to the Northern Hemisphere! I'm nervous but really excited :)

• 15 Sep 2011 Alex said

Alex

Hey Meg,

I am Alex, I am also from NZ and doing the same trip as you. Again never been this far away from home and also staying at the coniki hotel before hand!

• 15 Sep 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Kia Ora Alex!

Awesome to have another kiwi on board cuz! i dont know much about Contiki but really looking forward to the trip

Are you excited?! Where abouts in NZ are you?

• 17 Oct 2011 Kat said

Kat

Hey Meg & Alex!! my partner & I will be on that tour :) we’re departing Syd on the 28/12 and will be in London as well.
    Cant wait to see you all, its our first Contiki as well as first Europe trip.

• 17 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

A pleasure to meet you Kat! Im leaving NZ on boxing day, really nervous about being on my own for a bit beforehand but really excited to meet you guys! Do you live in Sydney? I went there as a kid and loved it :)

• 18 Oct 2011 Kat said

Kat

Aah yeah that would be a bit scary!
    And yeah we’re both from Sydney, we actually got a chance a couple of years ago to go to Queenstown and snowboard. I loved it there, everyone was sooo chilled it was awesome :)

• 18 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Awesome, Queenstown is such a beautiful place :) so what do you and your partner do?

• 19 Oct 2011 Kat said

Kat

I’m an office worker and my partner is a glazier. We just built our own house, and have been in there for a year. Its just the two of us, a dog, bird, and snakes. We’re actually getting married next weekend on the 29th, so things are pretty hectoc with us at the moment, but exciting as well :)
    What about you?

• 20 Oct 2011 Lamb said

Lamb

Hi Meg, Kat and Alex!
    My sister, brother in law and I are also going on this tour. We leave Sydney on Dec 29th – getting super excited now!!

• 20 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

A massive congratulations to you and your partner Kat! will be sending you good thoughts on saturday! the weather has finally warmed up in Auckland so hope its nice and sunny for you guys too :D Im a legal secretary for a small law firm and studying law through correspondence college as well, so this Contiki will be a much needed holiday!

Nice to meet you Lamb! are you from Sydney as well? I cant believe its only just over 2 months away!! >_<

• 20 Oct 2011 Kat said

Kat

Thanks Meg!! :D and Hey Lamb!! cant wait to meet you all! Def going to be looking forward to this trip its going to be unreal!! Hope you all have your camera’s and memory cards ready!!

• 24 Oct 2011 jarrod said

jarrod

just booked this trip… saying im excited is a massive understatement

• 24 Oct 2011 Alex said

Alex

Hey everyone!
    Nice to meet a few people before we all go!
    Meg, I am from Christchurch but due to all of the quakes I have moved to Palmy North until it all settles down.
    Are many people staying at the Contiki hotel before we leave?

• 24 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

hey! nice to meet both of you explorers! Did you all enjoy watching the final of the RWC on sunday?! I will be staying at the Emperial from when i land in london (i think thats about the 27th) and will stay an extra night when we get back to london :)

• 24 Oct 2011 jarrod said

jarrod

hey guys,
    haha miss meg, i was actually going for france (as im an aussie) but you guys deserved to win it.
    im staying in london from the 28th to the 31st at a mates place and then travelling around the UK to catch up with friends once the contiki ends.

• 26 Oct 2011 Jensey said

Jensey

Hey guys, I’m also going on this tour, along with two other girlfriends, we are between the ages of 19-21 from Melbs.
    We’re also kicking round UK after Contiki for an week or so.
    Great to meet you all. Not long now till our trip begins !!
    Thanks for the link Jarrod.

• 26 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Hi Jensey! nice to meet you :)
    Im 21 too, really looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know ya!
    Cant believe on this day in 2 months time im flying out to London!!!!
    Where abouts in the UK are you going Jensey and Jarrod?

Jensey

Great to meet you too Meg !! I’m 21 also !
    Two month isn’t long at all. I hope you’ve got all your warm gear ready !!
    I’ve never been overseas before, (besides Tassie) haha !! What an adventure for us.
    Just sticking round London for the extra week, doing a few day trips and such.
    And ya just staying an extra day after Contiki ?

• 26 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

ah cool go being 21! when was your birthday? i had a crazy party begining of august and i got this trip as my birthday pressie from mum and dad (im so lucky!!)
    i definitly need to do some shopping for warm jackets and the rest, gonna wait till all the shops have summer gear so the winter stuff will go on sale ;-)
    i have done the trans-tasman trip, had an amazing week in melbourne end of 2008 and LOVED it, alot like auckland except 100x bigger :-P
    Cool! i hope i get enough time to do a little bit of sightseeing when we come back, it will be 2 and a half days back in london before i leave because i have to be back at work on the 16th :’( haha!

• 26 Oct 2011 jarrod said

jarrod

when we get back to the uk, im heading up to liverpool for 4/5 days, then back to london for a week, and then over to cardiff for 5/6 days and then to birmingham/worcester area… end up leaving the UK on the 2nd of feb

Jensey

Birthday was back in May, too busy with study to have a 21st, so i suppose this is kinda my 21st in a way. What a great birthday present for both of us ay ? Glad you liked Melbourne !! You’re from Sydney aren’t ya Meg? Wow, not leaving much time before going back to work ya poor thing!!

Ya really traveling around the UK Jarrod – good on ya. Ya traveling solo or a mate?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion