Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain & Ireland June 1 2012?

14 Sep 2011 lou_85 asked

lou_85

Has anyone else booked this yet? I'm all set and can't wait! :)

• 7 Dec 2011 Abby said

Abby

Hi! I just booked this trip. I can’t wait, it’s going to be awesome!!

• 7 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Fabulous! I was getting so worried I’d be the only one going!. Only 6 months to go! Are you going solo?

• 7 Dec 2011 Abby said

Abby

lol I thought I was the only one until I found your post! Yep I’m going solo, are you?

• 7 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I am yes! I’ve never done a tour on my own before – have you? Have you done any other Contiki’s?

• 7 Dec 2011 Abby said

Abby

No, I have never done Contiki before. Have you?

• 7 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I have yes but it was 5 years ago! So now I’m a bit older and wiser! Well older definitely but I don’t know about wiser so much!. I’m also doing 2 other contiki’s before this one next year. Are you from Aus?

• 7 Dec 2011 Abby said

Abby

lol That’s awesome! What other ones are you doing? I’m going on the London to Athens + Greek Island Hopping after this one so doubly excited!! Yes I’m from Melbourne, are you from Australia too?

• 8 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I’m doing LA to the Bay and the Med Trail and 3 day Greek Island Cruise… I can’t wait! I feel like I’ve been saving forever!. I’m from Tassie! don’t hold that against me though! I lived in Melbourne (St Kilda) for about 4 years before I moved back home to save money for these trips!.
    Are you going to be in London before this tour starts?

• 8 Dec 2011 Abby said

Abby

Oh wow that is awesome!! How long are you going to be away for? hahaha I won’t hold the Tassie thing against you! How did you enjoy Melbourne? I’ve never been to Tassie, but most of my friends have and they say it’s pretty good. Espcially the Cadbury factory :D I arrive in London on the 29th of May so I have a few days before this tour and then a week or so before the next one which gives me heaps of time to explore London!

• 8 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Melbourne was fantastic – once I got used to all of the people and omg the traffic… it’s nuts! so much better over here, nice and quiet. I’m hoping to get my UK work visa so possibly 2 years!. Are you coming home after your 2nd tour?.
    Yeah, the Cadbury factory used to be better though, they used to take you on a tour and give out free chocolate but apparently they don’t do that anymore! ripped off I reckon. I get to London just the day before the tour around lunch time I think…! so many details to organise!

• 8 Dec 2011 Abby said

Abby

lol I know the city is crazy!! I live about 45min away from the actual CBD so its much clamer and peaceful! That would be so fun going overseas and working/living. What kind of work are you hoping of doing while you are over there? Yes unfortunatley I will be coming home after my tours haha I will probably run out of money if I stayed longer :D I know there is so much to organise and think about, I’m freaking out and I’m only going for 2 months. I can’t imagine how many things you are going to have to organise before you leave! At least we have another 6 months or so :D Can’t wait!

• 9 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I didn’t drive in the city – those things called hook turns are useless. I hope it will be fun – I’ve got a friend working in Scotland at the moment so hopefully I’ll stay with her for a while but I’ll see how it goes. I think just a pub job if i can get one, i have no experience but fingers crossed.
    When i’m at work all thats in the back of my mind is this is paying for my trip! I hope these months fly by!!!

• 2 Jan 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Less than 6 months now! (just!)

• 2 Jan 2012 Abby said

Abby

So exciting!!! :D :D

• 16 Jan 2012 KB-Delta said

KB-Delta

I have just booked this tour with my wife and a friend that is going on his 11th Tour. Soooooooo Excited!!! Can’t wait!!

• 16 Jan 2012 Fairy_Flora said

Fairy_Flora

Trip Booked … can’t wait to go :D

• 16 Jan 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Wow! So exiciting – I thought it was just going to be me and AFK333 for a while there!. KB-Delta – your friend is going on his 11th tour??? wow – this will be my 4th!. Where are you all from?
    And Hi Fairy Flora! So excited about this trip! Have you been to the UK before? :)

• 17 Jan 2012 Fairy_Flora said

Fairy_Flora

This will be our first overseas trip :) … KB is my Hubby. Our friend has so to say been everywhere … lol … We will be meeting up with some friends in London beforehand. We arrive on the 30th of May and after the tour we will be staying on another 2 days :).

We are all from South Africa.

• 17 Jan 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

It’s going to be incredible! It sounds like he has yes! :) I’ll only be arriving the day before as well but hopefully will be getting my work visa to stay for 2 years, I’m coming from Aus :)

• 18 Jan 2012 KB-Delta said

KB-Delta

This is going to be great fun, can’t wait! And please to meet you :-)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.