Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain & Ireland June 1 2012?

14 Sep 2011 lou_85 asked

lou_85

Has anyone else booked this yet? I'm all set and can't wait! :)

• 24 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I got all of my contiki docs yesterday and I just checked in online and it tells me we have 69 days to go! Not long now! :)

• 27 Mar 2012 Abby said

Abby

That’s awesome that you got your docs! I’m jealous lol. It’s getting so close :D

• 27 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I know – I’ve googled all of our hotels, well the ones that were listed. Some are good but some are very basic so I’m glad we’re only there for 1 night and not 2 – the ones for 2 are a bit better!.
    I’m getting so nervous!!!!!!!!

• 27 Mar 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

Don’t be nervous, it will all work out

lou_85

Thanks (Explorer1334554) Greg, I’ll try my best…!

• 27 Mar 2012 Nathan said

Default_avatar

Lou_85, from past experiences those basic hotels will be the ones with the best memories…. the shoddy bedding, the dodgy plumbing, the cold showers…. aaah, the memories! On the plus side, am now getting all my spending money sorted for my trip, it feels all so close now.

• 27 Mar 2012 PatRice said

PatRice

just wondering about spending money. would it be best to bring “X” amount of Euros and Pounds with you for the entire trip or just use the atm’s a required? any thoughts?
    holidays seem so close yet so far away…

lou_85

Yeah Nathan – I know what you mean, however have you – or anyone – stayed at the royal national before? I know ALL of the hotels we’ll be staying at will be better than that one!.
    Hmm, with my spending money I’m bringing only a small amount of pounds and euros then using atm’s as i go, I don’t want the responsibility of having too much cash on my person, and what if you lost it?! that would make me cry!
    not long now! 64 days :)

• 27 Mar 2012 Abby said

Abby

2 Months on Sunday!!! Defintely taking some cash and using my debit card along the way! Where are you guys getting your cash from? Last time I went overseas I went to a Travelex shop but I didn’t get a very good rate. I’m thinking Australia Post this time? Even though I think I left it too late haha!! the Euro was 0.80c a few weeks ago and now its 0.76c :(

lou_85

I’ve already got some Euro’s, won’t get my pounds til I’m there, the rate seems ok for the pounds at the moment (hope it doesn’t crash or anything in the next couple of months)!. I’ve got a travelex card this time too but I got my Euro’s from the post office cos it was just easier!.

• 28 Mar 2012 KB-Delta said

KB-Delta

We will only be getting out tour details in May, could any of you that has the details of hotels and such maybe send it to me? It would be much appreciated since I am also eager to see where we stay and what will be going on, the tour page on the site is not that much informative.

• 28 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I’ve got the list at home – I can either post them on here or email/message you? Let me know what would be easier for you? :)

KB-Delta

You can mail it to me, klasie@webmail.co.za

KB-Delta

KB-Delta

• 28 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Ok, no worries – won’t be until about 6pm tonight (my time)

• 28 Mar 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

Only 5 weeks to go for me!!

• 31 Mar 2012 Fairy_Flora said

Fairy_Flora

Airline tickets booked and paid … check …
    Extra accomodation booked and paid … check …
    Tour booked and paid … check

We will be receiving our documents early next week! Less than two months to go now. Can’t wait!!!

Was thinking of having my VISA Credit Card activated to use to be able to withdraw spending money wherever I am :)

• 31 Mar 2012 Nathan said

Default_avatar

26 days before I depart from Australia… Can’t wait, me thinks i’ll be less than productive while waiting to leave!
    All I’m waiting for is some cash in my hands, plus the documents… once that’s sorted i’m all ready to leave with a smile on the dial :).
    p.s. I have got my Euros & pounds from Travelex online…. all you need to do is pick it up from a kiosk & they seem to have good rates (well, at least better than the banks (can’t comment on Aust post or other providers).

• 31 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

13 days until I leave Aus and only 4 work days left – I’m more happy about finishing work at the moment than I am about my holiday… can’t believe it’s coming around so quickly!
    2 months today :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion