Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain & Ireland June 1 2012?

14 Sep 2011 lou_85 asked

lou_85

Has anyone else booked this yet? I'm all set and can't wait! :)

• 1 Apr 2012 PatRice said

PatRice

I’m all paid up for thhe trip on my end. not exactly sure how many days i’ve got left until I leave the Great White North. I’ll start my coutdown clock when i go to work for 14 consecutive night shifts before I depart.
    On the bright side winter is pretty much over. bye-bye ice, hello mud! Days are finally getting longer and warmer.

In aticipation for the trip i’ve been watching movies set in the UK. Must have watched Braveheart 5 times allready!

• 11 Apr 2012 Abby said

Abby

Last night when I got home from “work” my Contiki docs/info pack was there!!! :D :D :D

• 12 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

How exciting! It’s great to see everything isn’t it?! Not too long now! :)

• 12 Apr 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

Letting my boss know tomorrow! Yippee!!

• 12 Apr 2012 Nathan said

Default_avatar

My Doc’s arrived (Finally!!)… I can finally start to count down the hours, all 320 of them until my flight departs… WooHoo!!!

• 12 Apr 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

i did scottland and ireland last summer. it was amazing. let me know if you h ave any qiestions?

• 12 Apr 2012 PatRice said

PatRice

how long did it take for your travel documents to arrive? I’m still waiting on mine :(

• 12 Apr 2012 Abby said

Abby

I was so excited when I saw them I actually squealed! I don’t know how long they took to arrive. I had to ring up to ask them to send both my sets of docs at the same time (I’m going on 2 tours) and that was only about 2 or 3 weeks ago. They girl I spoke with said she would send the request through right away so I could get them ASAP.

• 13 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

From when I booked the tour it took a couple of months to get mine but like Abby I’m going on other tours so I had to get them early. Have you booked thru a travel agent Patrice? Maybe ask them or call Contiki?.
    Good on you Greg! :)
    Nathan I’ve got 23 hours til my first international flight… not sure how many to my flight to London, too many to count I think!

• 13 Apr 2012 Kat5 said

Kat5

Hey guys!!! My friend and myself are on this tour aswell!!! We are so excited! It will be our first contiki and we cant wait!!! :)

• 13 Apr 2012 PatRice said

PatRice

i booked through a travel agent, but now she is on maternity leave….
    Lou, have fun on your trip. hope the jetlag is not to bad for you!
    Abby, when do you leave? what other tour are you doing?

• 13 Apr 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

Hey Kat how ya going mate? All booked and ready to go? Flying solo?

• 13 Apr 2012 Abby said

Abby

Have an awesome time Louise! You’ll be counting down the minutes in no time!! :)

I leave on May 28th so they sent the docs pretty early! I think I read somewhere on the website they usually arrive around three weeks or so before you depart. Hopefully someone else at the travel agent will be able to help you out :) After this tour I have like 10 days in London then I’m going on the London to Athens + Greek Island Hopping tour!

• 14 Apr 2012 Nathan said

Default_avatar

Allrighty, I’m all checked-in now… One less task to complete before I leave. As the days go by I’m finding myself all the more excited, just like a kid in a lolly shop!! :)

• 17 Apr 2012 Fairy_Flora said

Fairy_Flora

Yay :D … Our documents arrived!

• 17 Apr 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

So what’s everyone looking forward to most on this tour?

Explorer1334554

Explorer1334554

• 18 Apr 2012 PatRice said

PatRice

I’m looking forward to stonehenge, the rolling hills of the highlands, the vivid greens of ireland. And I cannot forget about the late nights and early mornings! And all the memories made.

• 18 Apr 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

I don’t wanna ruin it for ya but don’t get your hopes up for Stonehenge, I was abit underwelmed with it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion