Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western Winter - how many winter clothes

16 Sep 2011 Explorer1163564 asked

Default_avatar

Hi,

I am booked on a Wild Western Winter for February 2012. I want to know how many really warm clothes I need to take or whether I can get away with just layers. I am assuming we can hire ski gear in Lake Tahoe but should I have my own gloves? In Australia I have not seen a rental place in my part of the country that actually rents ski gloves. Also will I need a really warm jacket or will my layers be enough? How about shoes for this part of the trip... if we are going out at night what sort of shoes do girls wear in a place that has snow?

I do not want to over pack as I know I will want to do some outlet shopping somewhere - US is so much cheaper than my part of Oz.

Thanks for your advice. H.

• 8 Aug 2012 Nikki said

Nikki

You’ll want a Jacket (at least for the Canada portion). I also find that with skiing you want to cover your ears and hands, but other than that, a sweater and a vest is best, because you’re moving around so much (you get sweaty no matter how cold it is, but your ears and fingers don’t really keep themselves warm). and shopping in the US is cheaper than Canada for most things.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.