Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Adventurer November 19th (CHR-AUCK)

16 Sep 2011 Kim asked

Default_avatar

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is going on this tour?

It's the 13 day Grand Adventurer leaving from Christchurch on the 19th November and ending in Auckland on the 1st December.

I just booked it in yesterday!! :)

• 24 Oct 2011 Su said

Su

hey kim -

yeah i stayed with friends in mitcham while i was there – even had a night out in the bung! (i assume you know that bar, it seemed everyone in melbourne did! )
    I too am getting lord of the rings thrills out of this – it will be awesome!

Im in london becci – what are your flight plans?

• 24 Oct 2011 Becci said

Becci

Hey Su, I’m going out a couple of weeks before as I have family in Sydney. I leave on the 5th November and come back 5th December. Luckily I am going to Melbourne for a few days before the Contiki so will meet up with Kim at the airport (if not before) & then head out to meet you all! But I am doing the Scenic Southern itinerary – which is the first week of your tour. Are you travelling on your own? Who are you flying with?

• 24 Oct 2011 Kim said

Default_avatar

Oh cool! Yeah I’m not too far from Mitcham, slightly closer to the city though. The bung, hmmm I’m thinking you mean the Geebung? In Hawthorn? That’s near where I went to Uni actually. Haha yeah people know that one (if you mean the Geebung). Some of the Footy stars (for us Aussies that means AFL) hang out there from time to time.

• 24 Oct 2011 Kim said

Default_avatar

Hey Becci, your posts didn’t show up before… weird!! Um at the moment I work in retail at a small grocery store which means I work til about 8ish every night. Your a travel agent right? That’ll be so cool and handy to have you on the tour! :) 11 days til you leave?? Wow no way…. that went super quick! How exciting!! :) Good luck finding a raincoat!!

Anyway even though you are both probably eating lunch about now, it’s 11.30pm here so I think I’ll head to bed! Enjoy your day! hehe :)

• 24 Oct 2011 Su said

Su

hey becci -

am going on my own with singapore air – apparently they are quite good! i shall see you guys in christchurch then!

kim – yeah to the geebung – i was staying with the seehusens, daniel seehusen used to play AFL near there (cant remember who for but he was pretty well known!)

• 24 Oct 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

haha…oh wow…i am away for 2 hrs for dinner and come back to lots of notifications and emails and new messages…this has made me happy and excited!!!!

Love singapore air…best airlines ever!!!! You will love them su!

In regards to Qantas, Kim, looks like things are looking good!!! Today the Trade Worker Union (TWU) decided to call off strikes and industrial action so 2 out of 3 unions is pretty good atm…which means my flights shouldnt been thrown around too much :p Just getting super excited abt the flights…

Becci, I am sure u will love syd n mel!!! They are totally diff to PER but in a good way >.<

• 24 Oct 2011 Becci said

Becci

Su – Yeah I’ve heard them and Malaysian (who i’m flying with) are the best, & yes you will certainly see us there! Did you say ur staying at the Bealeys too?
    Kim – How’re u? Good week? – getting excited?
    James – Yes I know I will luv, & one day I will venture over to WA to check out PER too. I can’t believe you had to make that call over the tannoy this morning! – was that seriously legit? Her parents must of hated her if so!
    x

• 24 Oct 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Haha…that call was legit coz i saw her id when i checked her in at the counter…haha…it was pretty epic tho! Do come venture over to WA then i can show you around…haha!

Anyway…I’m gonna be a grandpa…I’m off to bed as it is 2155 PER time…0055 MEL time and 1455 GWT and I’ve been up since stupid o’clock and i am tired…haha!

Look forward to getting a notification in my inbox tomoz morning when i wake up…haha! Nite all

• 24 Oct 2011 Su said

Su

Hey Becci – yep ill be at the Bealeys place, won’t get there till about 8pm on friday!

• 25 Oct 2011 Becci said

Becci

Straight to the bar then my friend!! lol. Altho it’s a early one the next day :(.

• 25 Oct 2011 Su said

Su

haha – will be fine, what doesnt kill me will only make me stronger :)

• 26 Oct 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

3 weeks til its time to fly…wohoo!!!! Let the countdown begin…Bec…it must be drawing closer for ur flight to Oz already…hehe

• 27 Oct 2011 Becci said

Becci

I can’t wait 9 DAYZS!! I’m into single figures now… whooop! Thank f**k as work is dead and i’m just sat here twiddling my thumbs, plus weathers crap – roll on the sunshine i say! How is everyone else?? Good couple of days? – Oh btw Kim did u get the notification that our flight has changed? – I could’ve sworn we were leaving at 10am anyway but heyho.
    xx

• 27 Oct 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

so wat time do you guys now leave melb and get to christchurch??? Qantas is being Qantas…will prob know more details on my flights prob abt midday tomoz as they have the Qantas meetings with the unions tomoz :s

• 28 Oct 2011 Becci said

Becci

blooming Qantas being a pain! How did the union meetings go? – any luck? We leave at 10am arriving in at 1515 so I guess it’ll be about 1600 earliest before we get out of the airport? x

• 28 Oct 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

haha…Qantas had their meeting alright…the CEO got a payrise…haha! The unions i reckon will keep causing issues but from my end…as they haven’t grounded Airbus 330-300 I am all good to go…plus the flight between SYD-CHC is done by Jetconnect for Qantas…so it sud be ok…worse comes to worse…just book onto Emirates or Air NZ and get there around the same time as you guys…haha!

• 28 Oct 2011 Becci said

Becci

LOL. Yeah as long as ur flight still goes they can cause as many issues as they like! Did you get the cute little folder with ur tickets? – I was impressed! (small things as my mum says! lol). xx

• 29 Oct 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Haha…yes did get quite a cute travel wallet!!! In other news I am still at work…I am doing the queen’s flight back to the UK! So waiting for her helicopter to touch down at the airport so I can board the queen onto her flight…just cleaned the aircraft and went shopping to fill it with stuff :) So excited…I gonna meet the queen!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 29 Oct 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

in other news…qantas is grounding its whole fleet on domestic and international until further notice…this shall be fun :s

• 29 Oct 2011 Su said

Su

Wow sucks about the flight! What’s the plan? Did u meet her?!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion