Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Adventurer November 19th (CHR-AUCK)

16 Sep 2011 Kim asked

Default_avatar

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is going on this tour?

It's the 13 day Grand Adventurer leaving from Christchurch on the 19th November and ending in Auckland on the 1st December.

I just booked it in yesterday!! :)

• 9 Nov 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Hey Kate…yes (plus the 2 other girls i am travelling with) are on that same tour…this was the closest discussion board i could find with our tour…arrive at 2:15??? I think we arrive an hour before…haha! There is a meeting at 6.30 then after i think we were planning on going out for dinner…so sure you can join us!!! So far it seems I am the only guy on this tour…haha!

Queen…i guess i will tell every1 when we get there to avoid repeating myself!!! 1 week and 1 day til I get onto the plane for our trip!!!

Kate where you heading from???

• 9 Nov 2011 Kim said

Default_avatar

Hi Kate, welcome to the discussion! It’s great to meet another tour mate. Not long now and we will all be jetting off to NZ :D Thanks for the useful info re bags. I was wondering if we could leave bags on the bus and knowing that it will make it a little easier to pack. :) Only a little over a week to go guys!!! :D

• 10 Nov 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Well it officially 7 days left til I board my flight…yay!!! Hope every1 is doing well…trying to get all the little lits and pieces together now and sort out the finer details!!! Almost there guys…can’t wait to finally see you all in person :p

• 10 Nov 2011 Raggamuffin said

Default_avatar

Hey, nice to meet everyone. So I guess we’ll all see each other at the meeting hey!? Is that what you’ve planed? I just found out that I can’t stay at the bealy’s hotel as it is full booked. Boo : ( But I guess I’ll stay close by and just wander across for the meeting and get up early the next day. A bit annoying but oh well.

I"ve been living in darwin since the begining of this year but have just moved back to cairns where my family are. I don’t have many nice warm things cause it doesn’t get that cold here but I’ll just have to make do I think. How cold do you lot think its going to be? Will I need a coat?

• 10 Nov 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

well the other night in chc it was 1 degree :( So yes warm clothes is a must!!! There is a list of stuff to bring under the travel resource tab…click nz then things to pack…hope that helps :p

• 12 Nov 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Guess wat guys…in exactly 1 week and 2 hrs and 30 min…I get to see you all at the Pre-departure meeting but prob see you all before then coz we all arrive before that and have time to chill in our rooms for a bit…any thoughts abt dinner??? hehe

• 12 Nov 2011 Becci said

Becci

Hey Kate! I’m Becci also on the tour however i’m only doing South Island so only with you guys for a week before heading off. Can’t wait less than 7 days to go!! James are you serious? I only bought summer clothes and maybe 2 jumpers… shit. Retail therapy may be needed on route I think lol. Are we all still meeting at the airport have you decided or gunna meet in the hotel? -I dunno if I told you but been talking to a guy who is on the tour atm so have said I will also meet him the first night – so mind if I bring him along for a bit (plus we can pump him for info on the best bits to do?). I seriously cannot wait! KIM – did u get my message on facebook? – I’ve so far survied without a phone however will grab a sim tomorrow and text you all my number. Anyway catcha soon. xxxx

Default_avatar

haha…regards to meeting u n kim, prob meet at the hotel coz we are gonna have some werious jet-lag…haha! But dinner sounds fab and do bring that way we can learn what the best stuff to do…I have officially ‘check in’ so I am all set to go :) Can’t wait!!! 7 days til tour and 5 days til I fly out!!! Do go and do some retail shopping Becci…you may need it…still struggling to find waterproof clothes tho…haha

• 12 Nov 2011 Jacinta said

Default_avatar

Hi all :)
    Thought I’d say a quick hello as I’m also going to be on this tour with you all! I’m from Melbourne and my boyfriend and I are doing the 15 day grand explorer. Look forward to meeting you all, not long to go now, I can’t wait!!

Default_avatar

Hi Jacinta!!! Look forward to meeting u n ur bf!!!

• 12 Nov 2011 Becci said

Becci

lol – i’m gunna get some stuff whilst on tour if I need it – as they do some good woolly cardis i’m told. lol I have a few things – plus I’m pommie remember so I will prob be boiling whilst you lot are shivering! I was gunna say seems daft as we get in at least 2.5hrs later than u once through baggage and passport. One thing I have got is a waterproof jacket and looks like we may need it by the forecast :S…. Anyway of to the markets ctcha soon. xxx
    PS: Hey Jacinta, see you soon.

• 14 Nov 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Just like to say…5 days til tour starts guys!!! Get excited!!! Not long to go now!!! I know I fly out in 3 days and I’m pretty much all packed and ready to go…hopefully my bag isn’t too heavy…I reckon its all those jackets, jumpers etc that weighing my bag down…haha! Anyway…hope you are all ready and gearing up for the excitement ahead!!! See you all at the pre-tour meeting :)

• 16 Nov 2011 Megs said

Default_avatar

Hi all!
    I’m Meghan, seems I am very late joining the conversation! Haven’t been on the site since I left Toronto Canada in September, have been in Sydney since the beginning of October. Am super excited for the tour (my first contiki)…unfortunately wasn’t able to get a room at the Beasley :( but am going to come by for the meeting at 6:30 an hopefully tag along on your dinner plans?! Looking forward to meeting you all! Gotta pack tonight so came on to see advice about what to bring…good thing I checked! Sounds like in some parts its colder than Canada! Good thing I brought some sweaters with me :) See you all soon!

• 16 Nov 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Hey Meghan…nice to have you on the discussion!!! You flying in from SYD? If so you taking Qantas QF45? If you do see ya onboard! :)

• 16 Nov 2011 Megs said

Default_avatar

Hey James! Am flying from SYD but with Air NZ @ 9:30am I think…so maybe see you at the airport :)

Default_avatar

haha…leave an hour before you do…may see you there…I’ll try to remember to swing by your gate :p

• 16 Nov 2011 Su said

Su

I’m flying tonight! Well excited now… If I can get an earlier flight down from Auckland I will be at the meeting otherwise see you there a couple of hours afterwards!

Default_avatar

Have a safe and awesome flight Su…enjoy losing th 17th Nov over the pacific…haha! Have a great flight and see you very soon!!!!

• 17 Nov 2011 Jim.Jamz said

Default_avatar

Ok guys…so the day has finally come…we have been through so much already together but now its time to finally meet up in person…tnx to everyone who reassured me abt my Qantas flights!!!

In 30 min I leave to the airport and 3 hrs I will be on the taxi runway getting ready to jet off to SYD!!! See you all in 17.5 hrs from now :)

• 7 Jan 2012 Explorer1344385 said

Default_avatar

If you have time, head north to southern Utah, into Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park, the last being one of my favorites…
    http://disqus.com/BennieBall

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.