Community_discussions_small  

Comment

32 Day Camping - Depart 7 Jul 09

1 Jan 2009 the_outsider said

Default_avatar
Hello....

Just wondering if anyone else is booked on this tour... looking for ppl who want to see lots of places and do lots of things....

Been reading about these optional things... apparently would be worth going to moulin rouge in paris instead of the optional Nouvelle Eve.... anyone interested in doing this instead???

Should be fun Smiler
  • 10 Apr 2009 AussieJared said

Default_avatar

hi there

my name is jared, 23 from sydney, i’ll be on this trip as well!

travelling by myself, looking forward to seeing the running of the bulls festival in pamplona!

• 13 Apr 2009 Explorer1131311 said

Default_avatar

hey im also booked into this tour. my names lachlan from near melbourne, 18 and cant wait!!!

• 16 Apr 2009 ronniemuff said

Default_avatar

gday crew my name is Ryan 26 from south gippsland near phillip island victoria booked today im also going solo
    the running of the bulls will be wicked!

• 8 May 2009 Victoria24 said

Default_avatar

Hey All,

My name is Victoria, 24 from Canada. I am looking into to booking this Contiki trip, I am extremely excited. But, nervous not knowing what to expect! Has anyone previously done a Contiki camping trip? Any words of wisdom!!?
    I did a Contiki of New York City last summer, but needless to say, it was far from ‘roughing’ it!!

As for running with the bulls…. consider me your photographer! ha! This farm kid knows, BULLS ARE BIG AND MEAN!!! :d

Talk soon,
    Victoria

• 10 May 2009 AussieJared said

Default_avatar

hey does anyone want to share a twin room at the Royal National the night before we leave, save some cash?

• 10 May 2009 ronniemuff said

Default_avatar

hey victoria this will be my first contiki trip so sorry i cant offer any words of wisdom
    i have gone camping before but i have a feeling this could be a fair bit different in a good way of course!

hey jared ive booked into a three person room at the royal national hotel 2 days before and 1 day after the tour to save on cash! you can grab a bed there if ya havnt booked yet

• 11 May 2009 Victoria24 said

Default_avatar

Hey All,
    Ryan, I think you might be right! This is going to be a different style of camping that is for sure!

Where is everyone else that booked this tour?! There are only 5 of us on here!!
    Talk soon!

• 14 May 2009 AussieJared said

Default_avatar

Hey Ryan, do you mean you have a triple with two spare beds? If so, that’d be great to share with you, and I’ll just split the bill with you… Why did you get a triple if you’re going by yourself? Did someone dog you?

• 14 May 2009 ronniemuff said

Default_avatar

gday jared im not sure how it all works when i booked the tour i also booked the room they offered me a bed in a triple room for about $69 per night and the chick said that they would probly put people from the same tour in the same room

• 15 May 2009 AussieJared said

Default_avatar

Ah, fair enough, I booked mine through a travel agent and she didnt say anything about that… Maybe I should send them an email, thanks mate

• 22 May 2009 Richard - Durbs SA said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone
    My name is Richard, 25 and im from Durban South Africa. Travelling on my own as it appears most of you guys are. Ive never been on a Contiki before. Cannot wait for 7 July to roll buy.

Hey Ryan i agree, i think running of the bulls is gonna be awesomw, but im most excited about the four nights in Corfu island!!

• 27 May 2009 ronniemuff said

Default_avatar

hi Richard yeah i agree corfu sounds awesome nice weather , watersports and plenty of beers should be some good times! lets not forget about Liechtenstein! ha ha

• 28 May 2009 AussieJared said

Default_avatar

hey guys so i’ve now booked into a triple share room for the 6th July and 7th August Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

i honestly don’t know if i can pick a place i’m looking forward to the most but pamplona/running of the bulls should be mental.

i fly out for europe on monday, looking forward to it so much, so i guess i’ll see you all at the royal national on the 6th for the pre departure meeting!

• 9 Jun 2009 AussieJared said

Default_avatar

so is it still just the 5 of us that are going? thats a pretty small group haha… nah im sure there’s more… so anyway im in london now, having come via dubai, both great cities!

looking forward to the glastonbury festival and budapest before coming back to london town to meet up with you friendly folks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Jun 2009 LauraBell said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    I’m Laura, 20 from NSW. Also doing this trip solo, should be good fun. I’m booked in 2 nights before and one after as well, they said something about sharing with people on the trip, not to sure.
    Cant wait for running of the bulls and Greece!
    See ya soon

• 11 Jun 2009 AussieGav said

Default_avatar

Hey guys
    Im Gavin, 23 from brissy QLD and have recently booked on this trip. Have booked the royal national for the 2 days b4 and one after as well. Will be good to catch up with you guys for a drink b4 we leave.
    Does anyone know if we can actually participate in the running of the bulls?

• 11 Jun 2009 AussieGav said

Default_avatar

ps – haha i cant beleive im saying this but does anyone have facebook?

• 13 Jun 2009 AussieJared said

Default_avatar

hello to the new guys, welcome aboard Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Gav, i’m sure you could run with the bulls if u wanted to, where there’s a will, there’s a way haha… i personally will be staying well back, i’m not exactly a fast runner haha!

if u wanna ass me on facebook just look me up Jared Tasker… i’m the guy with the blue tongue as his pic!

talk to u soon

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.