Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Question

Grocery stores by Royal National?

15 Jun 2007 Amanda asked

Default_avatar
Just wondering if there are any grocery stores or 711 type stores nearby
  • Read the responses 5 responses so far
  • 15 Jun 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Darn, I wish I knew about that 24 HR Tesco!! I spent 20 quid in 2005 for a skimpy chicken breast w/ 1 tiny slice of tomato, a little lettuce leaf and a few sticks of chips at 3 am. I could have had a lobster dinner w/ wine in N. America for that price !!!

- Vic

• 15 Jun 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

There’s a Tesco? I don’t remember seeing that. There is also a grocery store/market on the same side of the street as Royal Notional if you walk out the main doors and turn left.Like a 2 minute walk. I dont remember it being too expensive. Bought some pop and snack food the night before my tour left.

• 15 Jun 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

A year ago, there were lots of shops near by the RN, there were a row of eateries and shops as you walked towards the Tube station, and I even remember a Singaporean/Malaysian food restaurant, although prices were about quadruple what I would normally pay back home. Also, if you walk all the way down to the end of the street, there’s a McDonald’s somewhere in that area, from my recollection.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions