Community_discussions_small  

Question

America 2013!

20 Sep 2011 brookie-lee19 asked

brookie-lee19

hello fellow contiki travellers,

i know i know its a little early to be thinking about 2013; but im young and i wanna travel the world. and im getthing ready for a massive tour in america :) ..
So anyways im doing 2 back to back tours in america, doing the Grand southern Start LA Finish NY and the North by north east Start NY tours. Im travelling alone and i think its gonna be amazing, i cant wait to get my butt over there. but anyways i have a few questions:

1. Who else will be travelling at the end of august 2013?
2. What are some do's and dont's on these tours?
3. Food? i recently went to europe and most of the optional food was disgusting, just wanted some peoples opinons with these tour food?
4. What opional did you do that you thought was amazing?
5. What is the food cart optional?
6. Last thing (not really a question) let me know anything you think will help me Enjoy my month in the USA. :)

Any answers will be great and i can't wait to see people's comments :)

BTW enjoy your tours!

Thanks heaps;

BROOKE MAIDEN <3

• 4 Apr 2012 brookster said

Default_avatar

hey there!!! i definately agree with you how about you come join the other brooke on the southern tour ; ) im doing the la to new york but jan 31st as its mardi gras in new orleans…. i really didnt mind the food, sometimes its buffets, other times menu food from diner places, sometimes ala carte at the hotels etc…the breakfasts are good just anything you want really. i did the helicopter tour in niagara and that was the most amazing thing ever i’d never been in one and it was gret to get onto one there. the food cart no you do have take it and pay for it but alot of people i kno didnt bother having the dinner ahahhaa.

do bring lots of games and crap for the bus tours- cards/ anything that can pass the time. do tell everyone your relationship status and try and get along iwth your roomie…me and my roomie didnt mind each other she was a pain and ended up moving into another room with another 2 gals lol i didnt mind coz i ende dup getting my mate from another tour to stay in my room hahaah. thats baout it. getting so excited but its ages away. also with booking the hotel stops at the start and end- new york its heaps expensive i just found the girls on this site and we booked seperately and saved money…

• 5 Apr 2012 Keirsteadm said

Default_avatar

I heard it was put on hold and I’ve only heard of some of the characters that will be in it. Karen Kane Coupons

• 5 Apr 2012 brookster said

Default_avatar

ohh really?? i hope its not put offf :( the mardi gra you mean or the tour??

• 6 Apr 2012 katie said

katie

Hey!! im looking at doing 3 or 4 contikis next july/aug i did the grand southern last june and just fell in love with contiki and usa! ive just come back from a contiki tour of asia and im just waiting for contiki to realise dates so i an book!
    im going to do
    new york explorer
    grand northern
    la explorer
    and then either La to the bay/ wild western!!!!
    its gonna be such a long wait but so worth it when im there!!!

the food in america isnt that great! lots of meat and not a lot of veggies!!

• 9 Jan 2013 David said

Default_avatar

I am a first time Contiki doing the Grand Southern on the 4th of August with my girlfriend. can’t wait!!

• 25 Mar 2013 Miss_Paige said

Default_avatar

hey,Im paige…. I wish i could do back to back, but im only able to do la to ny > leaving date is 22nd august =)
    Its my first contiki but im sure it wont be my last….and mine has definate departure….the reason i booked that date so i wouldnt be disappointed with it being canceled…so i was like if it has definate departure there is no backing out haha….

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.