20 Sep 2011 brookie-lee19 asked
hello fellow contiki travellers,
i know i know its a little early to be thinking about 2013; but im young and i wanna travel the world. and im getthing ready for a massive tour in america :) ..
So anyways im doing 2 back to back tours in america, doing the Grand southern Start LA Finish NY and the North by north east Start NY tours. Im travelling alone and i think its gonna be amazing, i cant wait to get my butt over there. but anyways i have a few questions:
1. Who else will be travelling at the end of august 2013?
2. What are some do's and dont's on these tours?
3. Food? i recently went to europe and most of the optional food was disgusting, just wanted some peoples opinons with these tour food?
4. What opional did you do that you thought was amazing?
5. What is the food cart optional?
6. Last thing (not really a question) let me know anything you think will help me Enjoy my month in the USA. :)
Any answers will be great and i can't wait to see people's comments :)
BTW enjoy your tours!
BROOKE MAIDEN <3
- 0 people like this
- Answer this question 4 answers so far
24 Sep 2011 Irishsal said
I’m doing the Grand Southern in July (LA to NY) – can’t wait.
I’ve done 2 Contikis in the past and they were amazing. Made loads of friends and the tour guides and bus drivers were brilliant. I was travelling on my own (and will be again next July). In my opinion it’s nearly the best way because you meet so many people.
On these kind of tours in general (I was in Australia and New Zealand before) you need loads of energy – there was a lot of drinking and partying on my tours which was brilliant. You don’t say where you are from or what part of Europe you went to on your tour but American food in my experience is great and on the Contikis that I went on we never went hungry – everything was brilliant. Sorry I can’t be more specific about this actual tour but I will say this. The reason I am doing Contiki again is because they were so brilliant in Oz and NZ. I’ve had friends who went on the American Contiki’s too and they said that the service was fantastic.
Anyway, hope this helps a little bit.
Enjoy the tour,
- 0 people like this
Have an answer to this question? You need to be signed in as a Contiki.com Community member first.