• 1 Jan 2012 ~Kate~ said

~Kate~

Hi, I’m booked on this tour!

• 7 Jan 2012 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

i am too! hello!

• 11 Jan 2012 ~Kate~ said

~Kate~

I’m getting so excited now! Have you done a contiki trip before?

• 11 Jan 2012 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

Me too; it’s so soon! I HAVE done a Contiki trip before. Twice- both totally totally different experiences (so I have no idea what to expect!) Have you done one before?

~Kate~

Aw cool! Which ones have you done? This will be my first Contiki. I cant believe I will be flying out in less than a week!!!

dinnerlove

I know! This is my first time ever traveling alone; I’m kinda nervous about it. How about you?

~Kate~

Yeah it’s my first time going away on my own too, I’m quite nervous too. Not too sure what to expect. Where are you from?

dinnerlove

Hey. Just realized I forgot to answer your question about which trips I’ve done before. I did European Whirl in 2007 (which was fun, but I got sick on the second day, and just kind of felt tired of it by the end of it) and then did Scandinavia in 2009 (which I loved every single second of. I could have LIVED on that trip. It was perfect in every way and the people in my group were AMAZING). I’m Laura, from New York. Where are you from? What day do you arrive in Sydney?

~Kate~

They sound so fun. I’ve done quite a bit of Europe but I think my next mission is to inter-rail and see more sights! I’m Kate (obviously) and I’m from England. I arrive on the 19th, how about you? If you are over before the tour we should meet up!

• 12 Jan 2012 Tobi said

Tobi

Hey,
    I start the “Aussie explorer” on January 22nd and as far as I know the first part of the journey is the same like yours. I’ll be in Sydney on 20th in the evening.

• 12 Jan 2012 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

Hey Tobi! Kate, I arrive on the 19th also! I’m actually meeting a friend from a previous Contiki tour and spending a few days with her (I miss her so much!), but maybe we could try to get a few people together and grab dinner or something that first night after the group meeting?

• 13 Jan 2012 ~Kate~ said

~Kate~

That would be cool!

• 13 Jan 2012 Tobi said

Tobi

That’s a great idea.! Maybe we can also meet before we go to the group meeting? It’s easier to meet with a few before the meeting, than to meet in the crowd after.

• 13 Jan 2012 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

Sure! That’s a good point. What if we met just a half hour or so before the meeting starts? Then we can all do dinner after it as well. Kate, how long is your flight from England? It’s 24-hours from New York. Tobi, where are you from?

• 14 Jan 2012 Tobi said

Tobi

I think half an hour before is okay :) there shouldn’t be to much people around. By the way, what’s your name? I can’t find it in your previous postings. (or am I blind?)

I’m from Germany and I fly via London and Singapore… My flight from London departs 12:05 pm and i arrive in sydney at 10:30 am (German time) so this are about 22 and a half hours..
    I shouldn’t forget my book :-D

• 14 Jan 2012 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

I’m Laura. Looking forward to meeting you both soon!

• 16 Jan 2012 ~Kate~ said

~Kate~

I can’t believe my flight is tomorrow!!! It’s about 22.5 hours as well. Looking forward to meeting you both too

• 16 Jan 2012 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

My flight is tomorrow too… also about 22.5 hours! Can’t believe it’s HERE. Ack!!! Have a great journey over and see you soon!

• 16 Jan 2012 Tobi said

Tobi

I have to wait 2,5 days until my journey starts.. So have a good flight!
    See you on Saturday!

• 16 Jan 2012 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

thank you!!! same to you!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion