Community_discussions_small  

Comment

September 12th 2011

4 Jan 2011 Leanne89 said

Leanne89
Hi guys,
My name is Leanne. I am going on the Grand Explorer September 12th 2011 with two friends of mine. I am starting up a facebook group as I find that't the best way to communicate. Can't wait to meet you all
  • 15 Jan 2011 CandyCane said

CandyCane

Hi Leanne,

Glad to see that there are other pro-active travellers going to NZ during the RWC. Excited to share the experience.

Chants

• 20 Jan 2011 Kylie said

Kylie

Hey! I’m bout to book this trip looks awesome. Are you guys starting in Auckland and going to Christchurch?
    I’m from Australia and have been on 2 contiki trips so far Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Kylie

• 20 Jan 2011 Leanne89 said

Leanne89

Hi Candy and Kylie,
    Nice to meet you both Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Kylie I am doing the Auckland to Christchurch one also, I have created a Facebook Group if you guys are on, it’s called Grand Explorer 12th September 2011
    I have also been on one other Contiki and LOVE them Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Jan 2011 CandyCane said

CandyCane

Hi Kylie & Leanne,

Going on the same trip but unfortunately were starting from Christchurch Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 4 Feb 2011 Kylie said

Kylie

Oh no, well we will prob see your trip along the way =)

• 7 Mar 2011 revhead_145 said

Default_avatar

I have just found your FB group and asked to join. I am booking and paying for my spot this week. I am also staying in NZ for a week after the tour and i have no plans excepts i need to get back to Auckland for my flight back to oz :) I’m just gunna wing it for a week

• 7 Mar 2011 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Explorer1237325 – not sure how much you are “winging it” but being around World Cup time it will be very hard to book in accommodation etc last minute.

• 7 Mar 2011 revhead_145 said

Default_avatar

Hi kiwi_chk. I am well aware of the world cup and its 1/2 the reason I picked this time to go (its just unfortunate I can’t see a kiwi vs aussie match). I have all my key accommodation booked already :) I know it will be a bit harder to get somewhere to stay, but I don’t believe it will be impossible and if all else fails I know some family friends I can crash with if need be. So I’m winging it with a contingency plan

P.s. I only signed up today and just found out where to change my name – so yes it doesn’t match anymore

• 9 Mar 2011 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Oh cool sounds like you do have a plan (just didn’t sound like it earlier). I work in the travel industry (selling NZ only) and many people plan on just turning up, and we have been having trouble finding accom for those that are actually pre-planning.
    Have a fantastic time!

• 9 Mar 2011 revhead_145 said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’m giving up on that plan now :(… the rooms my travel agent and I have looked at for my key dates seem to be increasing in price daily… I really wanted to see some matches, but when your backup plan becomes your main plan 6 months out, it’s a bit had to justify continuing. I am however now doing it 2 months sooner (It’s ok, I like the cold, I live in Canberra). So the fun and games begin all over again, but the prices seem A LOT cheaper in July.

• 9 Mar 2011 revhead_145 said

Default_avatar

P.s. – when the travel agent said he had a room organized, he lied… so i already have a new agent

• 13 Mar 2011 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Wow revhead – that sucks that your agent did that! I hope the new one is way better!

• 13 Mar 2011 revhead_145 said

Default_avatar

in the end i am glad they did :) it got me looking into a few more things and i am now using my frequent flyer points to pay for 1/2 my flights. I am also now going during ski season… thinking i might hit the slopes instead. The final think i have changed is i am now spending my week just in sth island. Since we dont go to Duneden or invercargill i am going to use my time to go down there and prob loop back through queenstown as i hear people never seem to get enough time there to do everything

• 6 Apr 2011 Kelly 89 said

Kelly 89

Hi,

Ive just booked and paid for this trip from Aukland to Christchurch as well!
    Im staying in Aukland 2 day prior to the trip and also staying 2 day after in Christchurch. Its so very exciting! Cant wait! :)

Kelly

• 27 Apr 2011 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Your new trip plan sounds pretty good revhead!!

• 6 May 2011 scottmac said

scottmac

You guys/gals have no idea how bad this discussion makes me wanna max out the credit card and just say screw it to work. Oh well, next year is as good as any I suppose. Have a great time.

• 15 May 2011 Leanne89 said

Leanne89

Hi guys, I’ve posted a facebook group.. Grand Explorer September 12th.. We have 4 members so far.. great way to meet the people on the trip before hand :)

• 20 Aug 2011 Explorer1276509 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!!
    I’m Mali. this is my first Contiki tour.Glad to see some fellow travelers. Never been to NZ before and Im really excited! really really excited…..bit nervous though. first time traveling alone…. Looking forward to meeting you all..cant wait till September…..:-)

• 6 Sep 2011 Hannah91 said

Hannah91

Hey guys!!! :)

My boyfriend and our 2 best mates are doing this tour!! :) we are all soooo pumped and can’t wait to get over there and meet everyone!! It’s all our frist Contiki and first time to NZ except for my boyfriend he’s from Auckland and the reason were going is for his 21st so hope you can all help us make it a birthday to remember!!! :)

Less then a week to go and can’t wait to meet you all and have the best trip ever!!!!
    Hannah :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion