Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West 5-Nov-11, first time trip!

24 Sep 2011 Explorer1296433 asked

Default_avatar

Hey all, my name is Andrew and I will be going on the Nov 5th Island Hopper West. This will be not only my first trip with Contiki but also internationally, could anyone give some advice before I leave? Also would like to meet anyone else that will be on the trip!

• 9 Oct 2011 Karen-eire said

Default_avatar

Hey Andrew, I’m also going on the island hopper west on the 5th of Nov, its my first contiki trip too, really excited now!! :)

• 11 Oct 2011 maddie89 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I am also going to be on this tour and it’s also my first contiki trip/ trip overseas! Are either of you spending any time in Thailand before or after the contiki tour? Sooooooo excited!!

• 11 Oct 2011 Explorer1296433 said

Default_avatar

Great to hear there are other “nubies”! I will be spending a day in Bangkok prior to flying into Phuket. How about anyone else? Anyone have suggestions of what to bring?

• 11 Oct 2011 Karen-eire said

Default_avatar

Unfortunately, I’m just flying in that day and back the day tour finishes as I could not get any more time off work…I’m really excited too, can’t wait. Where are u guys from? I’m from Ireland. I haven’t really thought about what to pack yet, I assume there will be alot of cheap things over there though, if we get stuck!

• 12 Oct 2011 maddie89 said

Default_avatar

I’m from Australia! I also have no idea what to pack haha. But yeah everything over there is really cheap, so i’m sure we’ll be fine.

• 12 Oct 2011 Explorer1296433 said

Default_avatar

Karen, I am from the United States. I think this is going to be an amazing trip, new country with people from all over the world. Not only do we get to experience Thailand, but also we can share about where we are from! Like both Karen and Maddie said, we can get what we need when we get there, the exchange rate should be favorable to us no matter what currency we start with.

• 12 Oct 2011 Explorer1287970 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, my name is Kia and I will also be on this tour. I am also a contiki first timer and can’t wait. I’m from australia too and am staying on an extra night in phuket at the end of the tour. I am planning on packing as little as possible as previous traveling experience has taught me that it’s not fun to have to cart heavy luggage around.

• 30 Oct 2011 Explorer1312051 said

Default_avatar

hi guys , my name is bec im on this tour thank god i found people i was a bit worried im coming in on the day of the tour and flying back
    my email address is 08gossipgirl@gmail.com and im also on facebook
    maybe share a taxi there
    xxoxoxo

• 30 Oct 2011 Karen-eire said

Default_avatar

Hey Bec! I’m flying in on the day of the tour and back the day the tour ends too…. my flight gets into phuket at 9.10, so maybe this won’t suit you but if it does would love to share a taxi! :o)

• 31 Oct 2011 Explorer1312051 said

Default_avatar

Hey yes we can catch a taxi I get in at 9:35 am if u don’t mind waiting a few min , I’ll email u my details an vice versatile if ur still interested

• 31 Oct 2011 Karen-eire said

Default_avatar

Fantastic, my email is osheak2@tcd.ie, don’t mind waiting at all, would be great to have someone to share a taxi with!

• 31 Oct 2011 Explorer1312051 said

Default_avatar

just sent u an email just posting here 2 in case it didnt go through

• 31 Oct 2011 Explorer1296433 said

Default_avatar

Well, do not know if I will make the trip with the weather situation. Kind of put a damper on things

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion