Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain and Ireland 11th May 2012

25 Sep 2011 Deanne asked

Default_avatar

Hi, who else will be doing this tour?

• 8 Oct 2011 Sean said

Sean

Hello :) Looks like we might be on the same trip dates! I’m super excited! I just wish it was May already :P

• 16 Oct 2011 Deanne said

Default_avatar

Me too! I cant wait. Is this ur first trip?

• 16 Oct 2011 Sean said

Sean

This is my first tour with Contiki…but I must admit to a slight new addiction of daydreaming about several other tours I found on the website. Have already started thinking about when and where the next ones will be. Thus far my other travels have brought me to Italy, France, and Australia. For May at least I’m already finding myself using the trip as an excuse to buy random travel gear. Have you started preparing at all?

• 16 Oct 2011 Deanne said

Default_avatar

Yes i know the feeling. I have already been looking into what to do on my extra days there and thinking about what ill need to get beforehand. This will be my second contiki trip, it is very addictive indeed!

• 17 Oct 2011 Sean said

Sean

So I’m finding myself justifying way too much shopping for travel stuff recently… every time I go out out now to town or on the internet I find myself looking at travel gear, clothes, suitcases, already picked up a couple new things all under the excuse I just have to have it for the trip :P Add that to the addictions list :)

• 28 Nov 2011 Oupelai said

Oupelai

So I just booked my trip, yay! But shouldn’t this discussion be called 9th May 2012, which is the actual date of departure? :P

• 3 Dec 2011 Deanne said

Default_avatar

Hmm well my departure date states the 11th so not sure how that works out :S

• 3 Dec 2011 Oupelai said

Oupelai

That’s bizarre… check on the tour page, under the dates. In May 2012, the departures are May 2, 9, 16, 23, etc…

• 3 Dec 2011 Sean said

Sean

I bet you the dates are all screwy because of the timezones. With Australia a day ahead just anyway it’s probably different I guess. Just call me wikipedia…hey at least it sounds like a good answer :P

• 3 Dec 2011 Oupelai said

Oupelai

Hmm actually that kind of makes sense…. Technically the actual tour starts on May 10th (for me in Canada), even though they have the start date as May 9th for travel. So maybe in Australia it says May 11th. Either way, I’m guessing we’re all on the same tour. If you guys have facebook and wanna join, I created an event called Great Britain & Ireland May 9th 2012.

• 26 Jan 2012 Cath1983 said

Cath1983

Yep i’m from Australia, and my start day is the 11th of May too :)

• 8 Mar 2012 Explorer1203249 said

Default_avatar

Hey u all! I´m also on this tour! Ana

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.