Community_discussions_small  

Question

Asian Adventure November 6

27 Sep 2011 Cawina ~the Explore~ asked

Cawina ~the Explore~

Hello, is anyone doing this tour????

• 29 Sep 2011 Explorer1298635 said

Explorer1298635

I am, and then spending a week in Siem Reap, Cambodia afterwards.

• 30 Sep 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

hey, im doing the indochina adventure on 6th november, but we all start the first 2 weeks together.

• 4 Oct 2011 Dee said

Dee

Will be doing AA starting Nov 6!

• 16 Oct 2011 Mike J said

Mike J

Yep- Im there too.

• 19 Oct 2011 Conny_muc said

Conny_muc

Hi all! I am on this too! For whatever reason I did not find this discussion when I posted my own question. Anyone earlier in Bangkok? I arrive on the 4th Nov.

See you soon!
    Conny

• 19 Oct 2011 Dee said

Dee

I will be in BKK on the 5th

• 19 Oct 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

i will be in BK on the morning of the 5th also

• 20 Oct 2011 Conny_muc said

Conny_muc

Lets hope the flood goes back…
    Dee & Lisa, wanna meet on the 6th during day to explore the weekend market? I am in a different hotel the two nights before, but could meet you in the Contiki hotel ?

• 24 Oct 2011 Scotty said

Scotty

I’ll be in BK early on the 5th and staying a day or two later in Siem Reap

• 24 Oct 2011 Scotty said

Scotty

if anyone wants to meed at the Viengtai Hotel (the contiki one) in the after noon of the 5th i’ll be there and eager to explore the city

• 24 Oct 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

hey conny. i would love that! im not staying at the contiki hotel either (im at a back packers next door to MBK shopping complex) im happy to meet where ever is easiest :)

• 26 Oct 2011 Nathan said

Nathan

Hey all, I get into Viengtai Hotel (the contiki one) late on the 5th, probably around 10-11pm, if anyone around then..

• 27 Oct 2011 Cawina ~the Explore~ said

Cawina ~the Explore~

Conny & Lisa: I’m arriving to bangkok before the tour starts, we should meet up :) I’m going with my best friend

• 27 Oct 2011 Cawina ~the Explore~ said

Cawina ~the Explore~

Scotty: I’m staying in Viengtai Hotel nov 4 and nov 5, with another friend, I’m down to explore the city before the tour begins

• 27 Oct 2011 Scotty said

Scotty

I was watching BBC yesterday and they said the flooding is so bad right now that they are not letting any more flights into BK, does anyone know if contiki has a backup plan or an idea what is going on?

• 27 Oct 2011 Scotty said

Scotty

I was watching BBC yesterday and they said the flooding is so bad right now that they are not letting any more flights into BK, does anyone know if contiki has a backup plan or an idea what is going on?

• 27 Oct 2011 Conny_muc said

Conny_muc

Hi everyone,
    I emailed with Contiki Reservation in Geneva today. They are monitoring at the moment and will advise details tomorrow once they know more. I am sure they have a Plan B! The tour starting a week before us will have some changes to the BKK touring, but otherwise fine. And the train will be changed into a flight.
    The international airport is fine and most likely will stay as they secured it like a fort. It is just the inner city that is critical now. I think by sunday it should be clear what is happening as they expect the next flood on saturday – with unfortunate high tides of the ocean, so the water can flow into the ocean.
    Cheers!

• 27 Oct 2011 Hannah said

Hannah

Hi all,
    I am also meant to be flying in early on 6th Nov so would love to meet up with people to start exploring the city.

• 28 Oct 2011 Coco said

Coco

HI Guys! ill be there with my best friend Cawina

• 30 Oct 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

i really want to meet up with everyone before the trip! here is my facebook add: lilah_lilah66@hotmail.com might be an easier way to communicate while travelling.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion