Community_discussions_small  

Question

Moving to London in 2012

27 Sep 2011 Chelle asked

Chelle

I'm planning on getting my YMV and moving to London next year and was just wandering if anyone else is?

• 27 Sep 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I am! I’m looking at applying for my visa in Feb next year and I’ll be in the UK by June. I’m doing a couple of contiki tours before I ‘settle down’. When are you looking at moving over there?

• 28 Sep 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Yeah I am!! Ill be applying for my visa in about March or April, and then moving there in September 2012. Im going on Contiki in June and then traveling for a few months before settling down, but I have no idea where Ill live or what Ill do for work yet.

• 28 Sep 2011 Kurt_T said

Kurt_T

Yeah I’m getting a UK visa and moving to London, planning on going on contiki in either April or May.

• 28 Sep 2011 Lucy said

Default_avatar

Hi there yep I’m moving there to. Im leaving in march and doing the european escapade tour on then I’ll go from there! Plan to be there for a year or so. Don’t know where I will lve yet, but work that out later I guess!

• 28 Sep 2011 Kaity said

Kaity

I’m moving over next year (hopefully) as well :) Planning on working in Switzerland, but if that fails I will end up in the UK or maybe Ireland? :) I’ll end up somewhere around July :)

• 28 Sep 2011 Chelle said

Chelle

I’m also moving over there in June and applying for my visa in Feb. I’m doing the Ultimate European tour which finishes in mid June.

I don’t know anyone else over there though so I don’t know where I’ll be staying. I’m hoping to meet some like minded people on my trip.

Steff Bell

Im doing the Ultimate European too Chelle. What date are you going?

• 28 Sep 2011 Chelle said

Chelle

29 April 2012. Are you doing the Egypt or Greek Island Option? I’m doing Egypt.

Steff Bell

Ahh Im going on the 24th June. Im doing the Greek Island option. So excited :)

• 28 Sep 2011 *Leesa* said

Default_avatar

I’m also getting the YMV, planning to work and live in london. I’m going on the Egypt and the Nile tour April 28th and then the Ultimate European + Greek Islands on the 13th May, so i’ll be back in london late June and work it out from there!

• 2 Oct 2011 Courtney said

Default_avatar

Hi im also moving over there next year and doing a tour before hand but am unsure when i want to go. any suggestions?

• 3 Oct 2011 Explorer1299661 said

Explorer1299661

Hi im also heading over in mid June next year.Am planning on doing the European experience june 15 and then 3days in london then The Running of The Bulls july 7-12 after that im looking at doing some work around london and scotland for a lil bit and do other tours inbetween but am also looking at staying over for around about 2years and help/timps would be greatly appreciated

• 4 Oct 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Has anybody figured out if they’re going to use one of the places on the internet that organise you a pub job if you pay them a certain amount? And they can help with other stuff like bank accounts etc? I’m not sure if I want to do it this way or just wing it and hope for the best when I get there?

• 1 Dec 2011 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010

i am moving to london in late jan early Feb 2012 :) so excited.. just gonna do balmy badger backpackers for a few weeks n while im there find a place to room share with a bunch of nice people :)
    im an aussie and iv pretty much got my job sorted :) its a whole new adventure for me

• 6 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Brooke2010 – Can I ask how you’ve got your job sorted? That’s one of the things that I’m the most worried about… I’ve been looking on a few job websites but I’m not going to be over there til June so it’s still early days for me!

• 6 Dec 2011 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010

my advise is email a recruitment agency i did mine through C and M but thats the travel industry. so yea just email a UK recruitment agency that you are an Australian and ask if they can help you get a job.
    good luck.. PS bank account to sort out before you leave is HSBC it is an international bank and can be used while in london :)

• 6 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Thanks heaps – there are too many options out there and I’m going around in circles!. Are you doing any Contiki’s before you start work? :)

• 6 Dec 2011 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010

no worries .. yep Berlin to Budapest starts 21 January for 10 days.. its gonna be sooo cold. ill do more travelling when its summer and when i have more money saved.

• 6 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I looked at that tour, for later in the year, but after changing my mind so many times I left it on the back burner. Yeah, from what I’ve read/heard people work hard all summer to travel on weekends etc – especially seeing as everything is so cheap and close to travel to!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion