Comment

Amsterdam to Barcelona May 5, 2011

28 Nov 2010 LuisMa said

LuisMa
Hi,

Who else is joining this trip??
  • 22 Mar 2011 JAY said

Default_avatar

What happened to the message board? The trip is still on right? or maybe no one is really excited anymore.

• 22 Mar 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Hello everyone,
    I’m ready to go! Just a couple of days for the trip! :D
    Does anyone speak Spanish?

• 22 Mar 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Are you guys packing light? I know I packed way too much on my last contiki! Just bought a new carry on… I’m also wondering if our tour will be full or not.

When will y’all start packing? When is too soon;)

• 26 Mar 2011 Samina said

Samina

Has anyone received their package yet? We’re getting antsy waiting for the itinerary!

Chris – we’re both just bringing a backpack and plan on doing some laundry when it’s convenient
    I remember when I booked the trip she said it was a definite go – maybe half full – I wonder how many people are going though; I found a few on the Contiki Facebook group

• 28 Mar 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Hello Sam/Jen. I haven’t received the package neither.
    I plan to take a backpack to carry the camera and other stuff and a small luggage…

• 29 Mar 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Sam&Jen I sure hope you have thought long and hard about the “one backpack each” thing! My travel agent had said they are put together and sent on April 10th… So then we should look forward to settling our anxiousness…

• 30 Mar 2011 MegsandJosh said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I just picked up my documents and tickets etc from the travel agent. Im sure your stuff will all be ready pretty soon too as well.

5 weeks to go!

• 30 Mar 2011 MegsandJosh said

Default_avatar

to tell you the truth it looks the same as whats on the internet except the only difference is that there is information about the hotels we are staying at. But to answer your question – it still looks great!

• 30 Mar 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Plus it’s cute and zippered

• 30 Mar 2011 Samina said

Samina

Ya, we’ve thought about it. But we’re traveling for another 2 weeks after Contiki and we don’t want to drag bags with us everywhere. I’ll probably buy a nice purse somewhere to keep extra stuff :)

Can’t decide on how many of each clothing item we should bring – or how many warm/cold clothes… Any suggestions?

• 31 Mar 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

Hey everyone, I’m just waiting for my confirmation for this and I’m on board as well. From Australia – Canberra. I’ll be in the USA in April then doing this Tour in May then back to USA. Flying solo as well. Pretty excited, first time in EU.

• 1 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

Thank god for the strong Australian Dollar as of late :P it’s going to run me just over $200 for the trip. Waiting for my sim to get here. Now I just have to play out 2 more weeks of work then I’m gonee!!

• 1 Apr 2011 Samina said

Samina

Im borrowing a world phone for the month and they said it would work because it has the GSM connection but id just end up paying $2/min …. I’m just worried it wont work when I get there and then I have to carry it around the whole time and buy a disposable phone anyway :p
    What do you guys think?

• 1 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

With Europe primarily having better networks/network coverage I think you have nothing to worry about it not working… Are you looking to have it as a emergency phone?

We are getting so so close!!!

• 2 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

2 Weeks till my flight outta Australia and I’m severely ill. Dying here :/ hopefully I recover soon.

• 3 Apr 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

I hope we don’t get sick during the tour…

• 3 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

Yeah, better pack some paracetamol just in case. I’m glad I got real sick means by the time I’m leaving here, I’ll be back to 100%

• 4 Apr 2011 Walker San Diego said

Walker San Diego

Hey everyone! I just booked this trip… traveling solo. I’m from California. I’m going to get to amsterdam a day or two early. I’ve never been on a trip like this before, I am very excited already. I’m planning on doing most of the additional excursions. Add me on FB if you want to!
    http://www.facebook.com/walker.frank

• 4 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

Welcome aboard man!

• 4 Apr 2011 Samina said

Samina

Chris – mostly emergency but also just to check-in after each flight

I hope you feel better asap Hasin!
    Only 29 days to go!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion