Comment

Amsterdam to Barcelona May 5, 2011

28 Nov 2010 LuisMa said

LuisMa
Hi,

Who else is joining this trip??
  • 5 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

Thanks Sam! or Jen :P I’m almost back to full health again, so I’m all hype. I’ve got 14 days till I get out of Australia :D

• 8 Apr 2011 melissa said

melissa

hey yall! just booked my trip today so I will be joining all of you!!

• 8 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Eya Melissa where are you from? Nice to know it’s not just me going solo!

• 9 Apr 2011 melissa said

melissa

I’m from Houston,Texas! and you better believe i will be bringing my cowgirl boots! (actually maybe not! ahaha)
    But yeah, I’m under the impression that a lot of people go solo, so no worries! I am sure we will have an awesome time! Also, I totally stalked this discussion wall and it seems that you are a contiki veteran, any advice for the newbies?

• 9 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Pack only what you need shop during the trip! The one thing that pissed me off was the number of people that cheated on there…:( another thing every time we get to a new city we are given a map plus a sort of orientation to write on that map POI’s PAY ATTENTION during this time…

• 13 Apr 2011 Em said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m thinking of doing this trip. I’m a bit nervous because I’ll be on my own (first time solo!) I’m 23 from NZ.
    Anyone else doing it alone? x

• 13 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

“Heaps!” of people are going it alone dont worry about it, I know it will just take a day or two to become un-shy…

• 13 Apr 2011 Samina said

Samina

we’re all going to be besties by the end of this :) only 3 weeks to go! eep*

• 13 Apr 2011 Em said

Default_avatar

awesome! Anyone spending some time in Amsterdam beforehand?

• 13 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Helk yes a good number of folks have added 1-2 days in my opinion it’s well worth it—- atleast then we can all get a head start on fighting the dreaded jetlag!

• 13 Apr 2011 Monica said

Monica

Hi Em, I’m also going solo! Yeah I’m in Amsterdam for the Queens Day, will be there from April 30th – May 3rd then off to Bruges (probably spelt wrong??) for the 2 nights before the tour starts… what about you?

• 13 Apr 2011 Em said

Default_avatar

Hey Monica, that sounds rad! I’m in London for the wedding, gonna bus/train to Amsterdam. I haven’t booked the tour yet, just sussing it out first. Do you know where you’re going to stay in Amsterdam? Bruges looks amazing, friends have loved it there. so exciting!

• 13 Apr 2011 melissa said

melissa

Hey em and monica, im going solo too!
    question for anyone – do we have to book the excursions before hand?
    and is it really neccessary to bring a phone? i have an iphone so i can use it to get on the internet, but should i get international access as well??

• 13 Apr 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

21 days to go… spring break next week… nice

• 13 Apr 2011 Samina said

Samina

melissa.. there will be plenty of internet cafes too… otherwise international data can cost quite a bit if you don’t have a plan or whatever

• 13 Apr 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Not yet… I’ll start packing 2 days before leaving…

• 14 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

My flight out is in 6 days, no sign of any packing yet :P I usually leave it to a frantic run around hours before my flight no matter how much I try to plan ahead.. :/

• 14 Apr 2011 Monica said

Monica

Hi Em, staying at Hotel Liberty while in Amsterdam.
    Hi Melissa how exciting! :)
    Wow guys haven’t even thought about phones : / Looks like all be buying an al cheapo pre-paid phone to have on me for emergencies…
    Don’t even wanna think about packing yet!!! Probably be the night before running around like a crazy woman haha

• 14 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

So I’m not the only one then :P

• 14 Apr 2011 Walker San Diego said

Walker San Diego

I’m arriving in Amsterdam on the 3rd of may. Traveling solo too. I’m planning on staying in a hostel, the Flying Pig downtown untill i meet up for the trip. Heard its pretty crazy. I’m thinking about what to pack, and i was wondering if everyone is planning on going out at night…. I’m trying to decide how many nice outfits to bring and stuff like that. input anyone??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion