Comment

Amsterdam to Barcelona May 5, 2011

28 Nov 2010 LuisMa said

LuisMa
Hi,

Who else is joining this trip??
  • 5 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

Thanks Sam! or Jen :P I’m almost back to full health again, so I’m all hype. I’ve got 14 days till I get out of Australia :D

• 8 Apr 2011 melissa said

melissa

hey yall! just booked my trip today so I will be joining all of you!!

• 8 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Eya Melissa where are you from? Nice to know it’s not just me going solo!

• 9 Apr 2011 melissa said

melissa

I’m from Houston,Texas! and you better believe i will be bringing my cowgirl boots! (actually maybe not! ahaha)
    But yeah, I’m under the impression that a lot of people go solo, so no worries! I am sure we will have an awesome time! Also, I totally stalked this discussion wall and it seems that you are a contiki veteran, any advice for the newbies?

• 9 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Pack only what you need shop during the trip! The one thing that pissed me off was the number of people that cheated on there…:( another thing every time we get to a new city we are given a map plus a sort of orientation to write on that map POI’s PAY ATTENTION during this time…

• 13 Apr 2011 Em said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m thinking of doing this trip. I’m a bit nervous because I’ll be on my own (first time solo!) I’m 23 from NZ.
    Anyone else doing it alone? x

• 13 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

“Heaps!” of people are going it alone dont worry about it, I know it will just take a day or two to become un-shy…

• 13 Apr 2011 Samina said

Samina

we’re all going to be besties by the end of this :) only 3 weeks to go! eep*

• 13 Apr 2011 Em said

Default_avatar

awesome! Anyone spending some time in Amsterdam beforehand?

• 13 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Helk yes a good number of folks have added 1-2 days in my opinion it’s well worth it—- atleast then we can all get a head start on fighting the dreaded jetlag!

• 13 Apr 2011 Monica said

Monica

Hi Em, I’m also going solo! Yeah I’m in Amsterdam for the Queens Day, will be there from April 30th – May 3rd then off to Bruges (probably spelt wrong??) for the 2 nights before the tour starts… what about you?

• 13 Apr 2011 Em said

Default_avatar

Hey Monica, that sounds rad! I’m in London for the wedding, gonna bus/train to Amsterdam. I haven’t booked the tour yet, just sussing it out first. Do you know where you’re going to stay in Amsterdam? Bruges looks amazing, friends have loved it there. so exciting!

• 13 Apr 2011 melissa said

melissa

Hey em and monica, im going solo too!
    question for anyone – do we have to book the excursions before hand?
    and is it really neccessary to bring a phone? i have an iphone so i can use it to get on the internet, but should i get international access as well??

• 13 Apr 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

21 days to go… spring break next week… nice

• 13 Apr 2011 Samina said

Samina

melissa.. there will be plenty of internet cafes too… otherwise international data can cost quite a bit if you don’t have a plan or whatever

• 13 Apr 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Not yet… I’ll start packing 2 days before leaving…

• 14 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

My flight out is in 6 days, no sign of any packing yet :P I usually leave it to a frantic run around hours before my flight no matter how much I try to plan ahead.. :/

• 14 Apr 2011 Monica said

Monica

Hi Em, staying at Hotel Liberty while in Amsterdam.
    Hi Melissa how exciting! :)
    Wow guys haven’t even thought about phones : / Looks like all be buying an al cheapo pre-paid phone to have on me for emergencies…
    Don’t even wanna think about packing yet!!! Probably be the night before running around like a crazy woman haha

• 14 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

So I’m not the only one then :P

• 14 Apr 2011 Walker San Diego said

Walker San Diego

I’m arriving in Amsterdam on the 3rd of may. Traveling solo too. I’m planning on staying in a hostel, the Flying Pig downtown untill i meet up for the trip. Heard its pretty crazy. I’m thinking about what to pack, and i was wondering if everyone is planning on going out at night…. I’m trying to decide how many nice outfits to bring and stuff like that. input anyone??

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.