LuisMa
Hi,

Who else is joining this trip??
  • 14 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

Couldn’t change my flights to get there earlier :/

• 14 Apr 2011 Kevin Pinet said

Kevin Pinet

OK…so I have made it out of Afghanistan in one piece and now I’m in Kuwait, I actually get to sleep in a nice bed and get a hot shower. Just read about 3 pages of communication on this forum and now I’m getting really excited to see all the people who will be coming….this is going to be fun…hope my liver can handle this…been sober for too long living out in the desert.

Walker Frank – I’ve been living in Afghanistan for 6+ months…you could bring ripped jeans and a tye-dye t-shirt and you probably would have nicer clothes than me….ha!

• 14 Apr 2011 MrMan said

Default_avatar

Hey everybody, I’m also going to be joining this extravaganza and Im getting really excited! I’m from Toronto and going to be coming up with me and my girlfriend a couple of days earlier and staying in a hostel near the red light district. We’re also staying a couple of days later in Barcelona. Can’t wait to see y’all there!

• 18 Apr 2011 Jay and Val said

Jay and Val

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce ourselves. We’re from Chicago and its our first Contiki. Looking forward to meeting you all! :)

• 22 Apr 2011 Samina said

Samina

For anyone going early… Jen, Chris and I will be going on the Heineken Tour and to the Anne Frank House on May 5th. We’re staying at the Ibis Hotel so if you want to join let us know and we’ll meet up!

• 26 Apr 2011 Walker San Diego said

Walker San Diego

The anne frank house is on my list, and the heineken experience is def on my list, so i’m down to go with you guys. where do you want to meet up? i think im staying close to both of them before the trip starts. And thanks everyone for the clothing input. i always stress about packing. I’m ready for it to be next week already!! Kevin, glad you’re back in the green zone man.

• 26 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Well Sam&Jen arrive on the 5th, I arrive on the 4th… We should/could meet at the Heineken Experience it also includes 3 beers that are amazing btw! Doing the beer thing in my opinion first would be better since then we can get to know eachother first (with Anne Franks being quite quiet…)

I’ll add more to this—- duty calls!

Can’t wait for this trip!

• 26 Apr 2011 Hasin said

Hasin

I’ve been on holidays for a week now and I feel goooood. Went to my first NBA game too so I’m in a pretty good mood. Now for the Pièce de résistance, EuroTrip! :D

• 26 Apr 2011 Jay and Val said

Jay and Val

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone else is planning on running every morning. I’m looking for someone else who might be interested in doing 6-8 miles at 8:30-9:00 min per mile pace. Thanks! Valerie

• 27 Apr 2011 Kevin Pinet said

Kevin Pinet

So even though I’m in Kuwait my clothes from Afghanistan did not make the trip…all I have are my steel toe work boots and long pants…no shoes, no sandals, no shorts, no sunglasses…nothing! Looks like I will be going shopping this weekend, only got one day off to do all my shopping…so this is just a heads up; goofy guy in long pants, steel toe shoes and clothes that don’t match = Kevin Pinet

On yeah Valerie….regarding the 6-8mile run…only did one 10k race in my life and I had to train for like 2 months for it. Only reason I’m running now a days is to get to the bomb shelter when we have a mortar attack on base…and that is only like a 20 foot brisk walk…maybe next time.

• 27 Apr 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

Well Kevin I feel your pain! I can promise I won’t judge, we are all going to have an amazing time regardless of clothes or lack there of:p What is your style off the base? I recommend MEXX it’s Dutch but also worldwide!

• 30 Apr 2011 girlShawn0726 said

girlShawn0726

traveling solo from Ohio….can’t wait!!!! =D

• 30 Apr 2011 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Hi girlShawn0726, good to know you’re on board too….. (:

• 1 May 2011 amcknight said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! I’m traveling solo too. I’m getting to Amsterdam May 2nd. I look forward to meeting everyone!
    Woohoo to extreme last-minute decisions! I’d better get ready, my flight leaves in 20 hours…

• 1 May 2011 Kevin Pinet said

Kevin Pinet

Chris – Never heard of MEXX, I’ll check them out if I run across it out here. My ideal style is sandals and shorts on the beach but I’ll settle for jeans and a t-shirt for sure. I don’t get to dress casual very often and never get to dress up to go out…this will be a litttle weird for me. 2 more days and I’m out of here!

• 2 May 2011 Walker San Diego said

Walker San Diego

Flying out in the morning…. What time do you guys want to meet up @ the heineken tour?

• 2 May 2011 ChrissyCat89 said

ChrissyCat89

How about One PM Sharp? On the 5th right? Walker I get in on the 4th @ 10:30 if you want we could meet for coffee or a Heineken on the 4th?

• 3 May 2011 Walker San Diego said

Walker San Diego

Chris, one pm sounds good for the 5th. I’m down to meet up tomorrow too for a beer. Say 1 pm on the 4th too so u can check in and everything? I don’t really know where we could meet though. You have any ideas? Anyone else want to meet up before the trip starts? I’ll be there in a few hours!!

• 3 May 2011 Samina said

Samina

Isn’t check in at 2? Could we wait till then so Jen and I can put our bags away.. unless we can store them In someone’s room for a bit..
    .Chris is gonna let us know where his room is so well prob go find him when we arrive at 9:00, or at 1:00

• 4 May 2011 amcknight said

Default_avatar

Anyone up for meeting this afternoon or evening? I’m up for going anywhere, but to make this work on short notice, I’ll commit to being at Coffee Shop “Baba” from 4:00-4:30pm. So join me! I’m wearing a brownish plaid shirt.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.