Community_discussions_small  

Question

Do many Aussie's Travel the Australian tours..???

12 Jul 2010 Explorer1115381 asked

Default_avatar
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help with a question i have..??? I am thinking of doing an oz tour, particuarly on the nth queensland area, and was wondering ifmany ozzie's travel their own country on the tours?? I am an Aussie myself, and would love to walk away with some friends after the tour..and definitely some from here also.

Let me know.... thanks xx
  • 6 Apr 2011 nej_182 said

Default_avatar

Hey Hayley,
    I am Australian too and have booked myself into the Northern Territory contiki tour to being in a week. I just found out that another aussie chicky will also be on that trip. Also wen i was doin the NZ contiki there were a few from NZ who were doin it too for the same reasons you have. So i’m pretty sure that traveling in Australia as an Aussie is common. It’s always good to travel in ya own backyard and contiki is the best way to do it i reccon. good luk wit the Nth QLD tour, I’m sure you will make many friends and may even travel to their country with them being your tour guide!
    Hope this helps :-D xx

• 9 Apr 2011 Natalie. said

Natalie.

Hi
    I am an australian and i am thinking about booking into a Qld tour for december, i only had two weeks to travel in and iv already done NZ so a tour around australia is probably the best . Im sure you would still meet heaps of nice people on the tour =] when were you thinking about going?

Nat =]
  • 9 Apr 2011 Iain Melville said

Iain Melville

Heyy!

You all have the right idea! I was thinking the same thing when I get back from South East Asia, (late May 2011) How could we not have a blast on Contiki In our own country! :)

Iain

• 25 Jun 2011 Explorer1262533 said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m from Perth. Me and my sister just booked to do the aussie explorer in feb next year. I’m really looking forward to exploring my country. Being in WA there isnt as much to explore so seeing the east coast and northern teritory should be great =)

• 25 Jun 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

a few ozzys do i have met a few on the two tours i have done in oz and lots of ozzys do new zealand as it is not to far away so enjoy contiki is good doing my 4th and 5th tours in november one in new zealand and oz going to be fun

• 2 Sep 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

very highly unusual and quite rare but it’s the best way to see the country in a limited time.I haven’t done one with Contiki yet and probably won’t get to as I am fast approaching age 35 in just over a years time.Consider the alternative of buying a greyhound pass and staying at backpackers along the way you won’t get as much in or the alternative of buying a car at some market and trying to do the same trip it will cost you just as much and that is not including getting the car roadworthy,registration,full mechanical service/checkup and the ever rising cost of petrol.For what one has to go through for either no thanks

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.