Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mediterranean + Greek Island Cruise, May 7, 2012

3 Oct 2011 LMF asked

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!

My friends and I just booked this trip. So excited! Join and we can all keep in touch before the trip.

Lauren :)

• 27 Mar 2012 luckybride2012 said

luckybride2012

Hi everyone! Thanks to Lou85 I found this thread. My fiancee and I will be on this tour with you guys. Glad to see there will be some other honeymooners on the trip as well ;) We’re so excited to meet everyone and have some fun! For the people that have been before.. how’s the food in the included dinners? I’ve heard some weird things. And how much free time do they give us? I would hate to feel rushed…
    Ariana

• 27 Mar 2012 alsrmt said

alsrmt

As for free time you have plenty thats what is so great about contiki you have a tour manager but its not a guided tour so you can do as much or as little with the group that you want . As for the group dinners I have always had a positive experience and lots of fun I only had one themed dinner in Austrailia that I wasn’t impressed with but I doubt food will be an issue in Europe, on the other hand being that its our honeymoon I’m sure we may do our own thing a little more then I have in the past but its hard to say. I know when I went on the European Discovery many years ago you could do whatever you wanted as long as you made the bus the next morning without having everyone wait, a common contiki pet peeve another would be people who save seats on the bus which can be very annoying as well. I look forward to meeting you guys, nice to know we won’t be the only couple
    Amanda

• 27 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Glad you found it Ariana!. I’m not sure if it will be helpful but if you (again) click on my picture to take you to my discussions there’s one there from the same tour as ours from September 2011, I’ve asked a few questions and a girl named Katie answered a heap for me – not sure if that might be helpful? And you could also look at the reviews on the tours too, they had a bit of info in there :)

• 27 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Just re read my discussion from the September one – maybe not so helpful! Sorry!

• 28 Mar 2012 Averdone said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!

about 5 weeks till we get going cant wait! Im goin with phil, who has already commented, super stoked to meet all of you, will be a crazy fun time!

• 8 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

1 month to go! Looking forward to it! :)

• 8 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

Already planning what to pack and trying to cut it down ;-)

• 8 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

Hey everyone, I just booked this trip a few days ago! its going to be my first big trip and Im excited!

• 8 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

p.s. Ariana, I have heard some weird things as well about the included dinners, but I am not too worried. we can always find a little trattoria somewhere if we’re still hungry! haha

• 9 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I’m already packed!, leaving this weekend for some travel beforehand. Welcome to the group Vinny :)

• 9 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

awesome!
    Im looking forward to meeting everyone and finding out where everyone is from

• 9 Apr 2012 LMF said

Default_avatar

Welcome Ariana and Vinny! Excited to meet you both. I hope the food is good because I tend to eat a lot. Haha. I can’t go without food for very long. :)

Everyone – Are you using a credit card, taking cash or using travelers checks over there? How much extra money should I plan on spending? I’m definitely on a budget so I won’t be shopping, but I plan to spend money on food, beverages, site seeing, etc. Thanks!

• 9 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

To be conservative I plan for $100 a day, but I never spend that much. But I am planning on buying a lot of souvenirs and doing as many of the optional tours as possible haha, so you can probably cut yours way down. I’m bringing cash and my credit card for emergencies, plus my debit card. The fees can be steep, but for me its better than using my credit card and more secure than carrying too much cash. I have never used travellers cheques.

• 9 Apr 2012 LMF said

Default_avatar

Thanks Jacquie! I don’t like carrying cash either. Too risky.

• 9 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

I am using cash and credit for sure – if you are going to be using a credit card. make sure to let your bank know so they do not freeze your account

• 9 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

So true, although last time I didnt tell my credit card company that I was travelling overseas, used it and they neither blocked it or tried to contact me. But just in case its always better to be safe than sorry! And that just might have been CIBC dropping the ball hahaha.

• 10 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I haven’t really worked out a budget… I’m certainly not going to go crazy. I’m bringing cash/credit card/travel debit card – have had a bad experience before overseas when my normal atm/debit card wouldn’t work so I definitely want some cash just in case.

• 10 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

does anyone speak Italian, Greek or Turkish?

• 10 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

I just got my travel documents in the mail :-D :-D.

And I don’t speak any language other than English, unfortunately :-(.

• 10 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Just English…
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago – have been googling the hotels!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion