Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mediterranean + Greek Island Cruise, May 7, 2012

3 Oct 2011 LMF asked

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!

My friends and I just booked this trip. So excited! Join and we can all keep in touch before the trip.

Lauren :)

• 11 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

how are the hotels? do they look good?
    and I speak Italian, enough to get by if its not too rusty haha.

• 11 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

Some is better than the ciao that I know! lol… The hotels look decent. The one in Rome is right beside the subway!

• 11 Apr 2012 luckybride2012 said

luckybride2012

I haven’t gotten my travel docs yet… stupid united states postal service. lol. I know most of you are from Canada, so this bit of news might not help, but if you have a Bank of America account you can use your debit card at BNL atm in Rome with NO fees. Thats what I’m doing. Alex (my fiance) and I have been practicing choice Italian words and phrases. I’m so excited!!

• 12 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

They look ok! I suppose we’ll only be in them to sleep!. I may be sticking to you at times then Vinny – I am hopless at languages! I’ve got Ciao, Grazie and Buongiorno (not sure if that’s how its spelt) down but that’s about it for me!.

• 12 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

I can understand much better then I can speak! haha, Im not going to make any promises it has been a long time since I practiced! haha, itll definitely be interesting!

• 12 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

I think the hotels look unreal! especially the ones in Sorrento and Corfu! Im so stoked!

• 13 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I know – it’s going to ge great! :)

• 14 Apr 2012 luckybride2012 said

luckybride2012

Did anyone else get an email about needing passport info for a temporary visa into Turkey? It had the Contiki logo, but I wasn’t sure if it was a scam, and I thought I’d ask you guys if anyone else got the email. I’m planning on calling the main Contiki line to inquire about this. I thought it was strange that they just wanted me to email back all that sensitive info…

• 14 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

I didn’t get that email. And I thought we were supposed to get our visa at the Turkish border?? Does anyone know for sure?

• 14 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

No I have not gotten that email, definitely call Contiki!

• 15 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I’ve been told we get it at the border on arrival into Turkey… I didn’t get an email.

• 15 Apr 2012 Lisa_CDN said

Lisa_CDN

Does anyone know if we need adapters for our electronics? Super stoked for this trip. The semester just ended. Final exams then it’s party time :))

• 15 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

I think that we do need them and I am in the same boat.. few more days for me! Thursday is the day!
    you can probably get that kind of thing at Best Buy or some other electronic store

• 15 Apr 2012 dd_seastar said

dd_seastar

Hi Guys, I’ve booked this trip back in Sept and can’t wait to go. Will be leaving ay 7th, 2012. I will be flying out of Toronto and traveling solo on this one. Looking forward to meeting you all :). I did buy a power Eurpoe Adapter at Walmart was under 20 bucks. I just checked in and signed up on line today 22 Day’s to go!!

• 15 Apr 2012 Vinny! said

Vinny!

I will be flying out of Toronto as well! What/when is your flight?

• 15 Apr 2012 alsrmt said

alsrmt

We’re flying out of Toronto on Air Transat Sunday May 6th at 9:10 pm so we’ll have an extra day to get over the jet lag can’t wait!!

• 15 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

I’m also flying out of Toronto. Direct to Rome leaving May 7th at 7:15pm, and arriving at Rome at 9:45 am May 8th. I’m flying with Air Canada/Lufthansa.

• 15 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

And to Lisa: if your electronics you want to use say 110-240v then all you need is a plug adapter because your electronic can handle the extra voltage (220-240 in Europe vs 100-110 in North America). If, however, your electronics do not have the range up to 240, then you will need an electrical current converter, which is much heavier and more expensive.

My tablet, phone, ipod and hair straightener all are okay to use with just an adapter (I have also used these in Europe with the same adaptor I’m bringing – I got mine from Walmart, also – its white and red too!)

• 16 Apr 2012 dd_seastar said

dd_seastar

Hi Jacquie and Vinny…My flight is 7:15pm on May 7th with Air Canada direct to Rome. I hope they don’t strike my name is Deanne :). I really can’t wait. I think my flight is the same as Jacquie.

• 16 Apr 2012 Jacquie said

Jacquie

Yay! I think it is too! Do you know what flight number it is? Mine’s LH5353. But seriously, how many flights would be leaving the same time for the same destination ;-). How are you planning on getting from the airport in Rome to the hotel?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion