Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Discovery (Winter) Jan 24-Feb 4th 2012

4 Oct 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Hi everyone, I'm Ana from NZ and I've just booked to go on the European Discovery tour on the 24th of Jan 2012. I'm traveling by myself so am keen to hear from anyone else that is going on this trip too. I'm also a bit of a traveling virgin so any advice would be awesome :D

• 11 Oct 2011 Lisa :) said

Default_avatar

Hi Ana :)
    I’m Lisa and my sister Claire and myself are going on this trip too. We’re both from Australia. We are meeting Contiki at Amsterdam though as we will be staying with family there beforehand. :)

• 12 Oct 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Hi Lisa and Claire!

It’s good to hear from some others on the same tour :D Will it be your first time in Europe? Have you done a contiki before?

Ana :D

• 13 Oct 2011 Lisa :) said

Default_avatar

Yep, it will be our first time, we’ve never done contiki before, so its all new and exciting! :)
    What about you, have you been on a contiki trip before? are you planning to travel much around europe other than the contiki tour?

• 13 Oct 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Yep it’s my first time in Europe and on a contiki so I’m uber excited! I’m in Europe until the end of March so am definitely looking at doing more travel around the place. Really want to go up through Scotland, Wales and Ireland so I’m looking for some good tours there :D Would love to be in Ireland for St Patricks day haha How long are you guys in Europe for? Any other plans?

• 13 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Kia Ora Ana,

Im Meg (also from NZ!) and i am on the european discovery from 31/12 to 14/01. Also new to travelling and really excited to experience my first contiki :)

• 14 Oct 2011 Lisa :) said

Default_avatar

We are in Europe from the end of December till the end of the tour. We are staying with relatives in England, Ireland and Amsterdam. I hope we get to see a white Christmas! :)
    Ireland on St Patricks day would be amazing!

• 17 Oct 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Yeh I’m really excited about snow and enjoying winter there :)

So what part of Aus are you guys from? How old are you as well (if you don’t mind me asking haha)?
    I’m 26 from Auckland. I’m a primary teacher so am really looking forward to not having to plan or mark any work for a few months haha

Meg: That’s awesome your from NZ! How long are you staying in the UK?

• 17 Oct 2011 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Unfortunately not as long as you by the sound of it! Sorry i didnt realise at the time when i posted that you wont be on the same contiki as me but maybe when i come back to NZ around the 16/01/12 i can post on here and give ya an idea of what your in for :D

• 17 Oct 2011 Lisa :) said

Default_avatar

We are from country Victoria :) I’m 19 (turning 20 on the 3rd of Feb… when we will be in Paris!!!) =D and Claire is 18. Claire will have just finished school and I’m doing science at uni.
    I’ll have to find a really good coat to bring, I’m not used to the cold weather, it will be a nice change from the hot Australian summer though.

• 17 Oct 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Yay a birthday to celebrate on our tour! In Paris of all places too =D It still hasn’t sunk in that we’ll be there haha

• 19 Nov 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

11 weeks to go!!! So looking forward to it :D

How much are you guys thinking of saving for each day? I’ve read a few other posts saying that 100 EURO a day is definitely enough. Also have you signed up to do any of the extra’s on the trip or are you just going to sort that when your there? I’m finding it hard to find winter clothes at the moment to take with me haha should have thought of that earlier I suppose :)

Ana

• 20 Nov 2011 Lisa :) said

Default_avatar

yay!!! Yeah our travel agent said to allow 100 Euro too, so that is what we are going by. We were just going to sign up for the extras when we are over there, what are you planning to do? Yeah, it is very hard to find winter clothes but our relatives overseas keep telling us to wear lots of layers that you can take off because it is very hot in some indoor places.
    Its 1 month today until we leave to go over there… so excited!!
    Lisa

• 29 Nov 2011 Lisa :) said

Default_avatar

We got our documents from contiki today :D have you got yours yet?

• 30 Nov 2011 Neto Cazuma said

Neto Cazuma

hello ana…. I live in nz too…(hamilton).. I am on the european discovery from 31/01 to 11/02. First time travelling in europe and really excited to do this trip…. ;)

• 30 Nov 2011 Kyles said

Kyles

Hi guys…. hey, im not booked on your tour, BUT this tour is so awesome that I have actually been on it twice now.!! Ive just booked my third Contiki tour around Asia… BEST company to travel with, Tour Managers and bus drivers are all awesome, and they know their stuff so listen to what they have to say, and respect their timelimits at each place… My advice.. tick the box and do ALL the extras.!! Remember, the money is a renewable resource, the experience is PRICELESS and will give you so many amazing memories.! Be aware in Rome of the pick-pocketers, and while in Amsterdam, just be careful the people trying to sell you drugs on the street. Most of all, look out for eachother when out partying as there are alot of you for one Tour Manager to keep eyes on, and trust me, you will meet some life long friends along the way.
    Have fun guys, you will love every minute of it.!! Feel free to ask me any questions regarding this totally amazing tour, like I said, it was that good I went for a second round (years later though)

• 5 Dec 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Hi Neto, thats cool that you’re going on the same tour but i think we leave on different dates. How long are you in the UK for? Not long now :D

Kyles: Thanks heaps for the advice :) really looking forward to the trip!

Lisa: Nah I haven’t received anything yet. It’ll turn up soon though :D Can’t wait!

• 5 Dec 2011 Neto Cazuma said

Neto Cazuma

I will stay in uk until march …… My trip starts on 31of jan….. I haven’t found no 1 yet doing this trip .lol…. I cant wait :) …… I am leaving nz on 4 of jan to usa..I will do a little trip there then go to uk on 26…. :)

• 13 Dec 2011 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Sounds like you’re going to have an awesome holiday Neto. I’m in the UK until March too :) Its gonna be quite cold i think haha

Lisa: I got my contiki documents today!!!! Yay so cant wait :D I’m just about to look up our accommodation lol doubt we’ll get much sleep though, too much to do and see :D

• 31 Dec 2011 hayley vanda said

hayley vanda

hi everyone.
    im so excited that i came across this page! im hayley and will be on ur trip also im travelling on my own but am starting to get every excited that it is only a few weeks away now!…
    Im happy to see that claire and lisa are from country Victoria, as i am also.
    Cheers
    Cant wait to meet you all and i hope u all brought in the new year with a bang!.

• 4 Jan 2012 Ana_Banana85 said

Ana_Banana85

Hi Hayley,

not long now :D so excited about the trip. how long are you in the UK for?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion