Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West 17th Dec 2011?

4 Oct 2011 Just Piha asked

Just Piha

Anyone going on this trip?

• 11 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking about it. Just need to get a few days off work and I’ll be there.
    Booked yet?

• 11 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

Thats awesome. Yeah we have book its myself and 5 mates all going. We from South Africa! Where you from? I think its going to be an epic trip. Cant wait

• 13 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

omg there are 6 of you? ha wow.
    my first contiki i had 2 SA boys, they were so much fun. you have some shoes to fill :P no pressure.
    I am from Melbourne, Australia.

• 13 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

hey. i’m also going to be going from this trip and am travelling from SA too! where are you guys from?

• 13 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

this is exciting :)

• 13 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

Trust me we will fill those shoes! We all ex tukkies students and now we scattered around between gauteng, thabazimbi and rustenburg! This is going to be such an epic trip! Have u girls booked?

• 14 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

haha, now you setting yourselves up for a challenge… just to give you a heads-up, we will be celebrating a belated aussie bday on our first night so best you be ready! :o)

yep, i have booked – all sorted. i went to stellies and am now living in joburg. what do you guys do?

• 17 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

Thats awesome who’s birthday? Nice stellies is so awesome i love stellies have lots of friends from stellies. We all in different fiels some farming, some mining some building, some finances and medical. And you?

• 17 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

I am booked finally :) yay!

and it’s my birthday (its December 16th), I’ll turn 22 and I’m a dental nurse.

• 17 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

Brilliant – happy to hear you’ve booked :o)

Stellies is indeed awesome – def some of the best years of my life! Cool – I’m in finance (CA)… (And hate admitting that I’m 28!!)

• 18 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

Ah awesome well there the first night will have to be an extra large celebration for the start of the contiki and your bday.

Whats your guys plans for after contiki?

• 19 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

WHOOOOO lol. I’m excited. Nothing better than big expectations :p first night will be great.
    I’m booked into a hotel (The Bird Cage Phuket) from the 25th to the 29th. Its in Patong.
    Was thinking of heading to Bangkok but decided to just see what comes up.

What do you and the boys have planned ??

• 19 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

We flying out of krabi on the last day of contiki to Vietnam for 10 days. Cant wait for that either gonna be a huge party.

• 20 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

Haha, no pressure for night number one ;o) I definitely think we can show it horns!

Much as I’d love to be staying on a bit in Asia, I’m going to be heading straight back to SA. My family all live down in Durban and will be inn Plett for Christmas so I’ll be joining them there a little belatedly…

• 21 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

Ha Ha wow now the pressure is mounting, but you girls will see that we will start off with a big night guaranteed.
    Oh very nice plett is always good fun at the end of the year.
    How much spending money are you girls looking at taking?

• 21 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

Oh indeed it is… I think our little team of 8 here will be showing the rest of the tour what it’s all about though ;o)

Plett is good – it’s very much my annual haunt which is why I’m at least spending some time doing something different and getting away from the Joburgers for a while!

Hmm, that is not something that I had yet thought about at all… Was kind of thinking I might just take it as it comes. Are you going to get some currency before going across? Not sure if THB will be available in SA – I went to Kenya earlier in the year and could only get USD ahead of the time as most banks don’t stock the riskier currencies…

• 21 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys, i’ll be on this tour too :) just need to confirm travel arrangements tomorrow so your doing vietnam for 10 days? thats a good tour but i recommend doing the vietnam experience 12 days includes extra day at hcmc, cu chi tunnels and mekong delta, are there any perthies going on this tour?

• 22 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

Explorer1297999 – wheres the rest of your crew? thought they would be part of this discussion by now :p

Darren87 — where you from? and welcome!!!! :D

I think I’ll bring close to a grand aus dollar, and exchange it all in thailand. Better exchange rate converting in thailand I found last time. I’m there for 2 weeks so better to have too much than too little. What are you thinking? If you have a strong dollar compared to the rest of the world, you will get a better rate in thailand. your aim is for 30tbh or over someone mentioned to me.

I’m excited. I want it to be December already!!!!

• 22 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Hi e-mac im a perthie haha hope im not the only one but if i am no big deal :) as for spending money i’m budgeting 150 dollars a day best to have too much then not enough.

e-mac what day are you flying out and do you have a stop over?? i ask because i may be having a night stop over in denpasar

• 22 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

darren87 i am flying direct from melbourne to phuket :) how good is that. no stop over, whoooo! and ye im from melbourne :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.