Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West 17th Dec 2011?

4 Oct 2011 Just Piha asked

Just Piha

Anyone going on this trip?

• 22 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

uh nice i gotta stop over in bali arrive afternoon on the 15th and stay there overnight then fly to phuket on 16th and have a pre day there before tour starts

• 23 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

bali and thailand haha. nice one.
    im so grateful with the direct flights; nothing worse than having a huge stop over.

add me on facebook if you guys want: blind_mice_cant_jump@hotmail.com

hope you all had a lovely weekend!!

• 23 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

bali and thailand haha. nice one.
    im so grateful with the direct flights; nothing worse than having a huge stop over.

add me on facebook if you guys want: blind_mice_cant_jump@hotmail.com

hope you all had a lovely weekend!!

• 23 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

usually thats after the contiki :P

• 23 Oct 2011 Coastal said

Default_avatar

Hey just booked. Flying into Phuket 16th, anyone know where first & last night stay is may need to book extra nights either side. What’s the plan for xmas?

• 23 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Good question my advice is to phone contiki im getting in to Phuket on the 16th also and gonna try to book into the hotel the tour is using, as for xmas im flying back home after the end of tour…maybe :P

• 23 Oct 2011 Coastal said

Default_avatar

Found accom we @ its Sawaddi Patong Resort

• 24 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Im booking into that i can meet you there on the 16th if you like

• 24 Oct 2011 Coastal said

Default_avatar

OK Flight gets in late after 7.30 on 16th depending on how long it takes etc guessing won’t get there until after 10pm. But at least there for the next day to hang about.

Default_avatar

Uh thats too bad ill see you on the 17th though

• 24 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

Good to see this discussion is getting some proper momentum. We all stayinging in Bangkok on the 16th then making our way down to phuket on the 17th so we will all just have to catch up then.

Coastal where you from?

• 24 Oct 2011 Coastal said

Default_avatar

NSW

• 24 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

Awesome so it looks like this tour is going to be bascically aussies and saffas

• 24 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

Has anyone recieved their contiki papers yet? What time does the tour start etc? And do we have a meeting and greet the night before?
    I’m down to chill on the 16th if anyones in.

• 24 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

Wow, it really is all Aussies and Saffas – nothing wrong with that though ;o)

I don’t have my papers yet but from what I understand we’ll be meeting on the evening of the 17th and all go out together that night…

I’m also getting to Phuket in the evening on the 16th but am staying somewhere else – want to wake up on the beach :o)

Bring on December already, looking forward to this trip now!

Default_avatar

Im keen to meet on the 16th im trying to get into the hotel the tour is using to make things easier

• 24 Oct 2011 Matthew_James said

Matthew_James

Hey Guys, this trip is going to be insane. I’m one of the Saffas traveling with Just Piha. I was doing some research and it looks like it may be a wise idea to go for a Hepatitis A injection at a travel Dr before the trip. The reasoning behind this is because of the water over in Asia. The water is used to clean fruit/food etc as well as if you eat seefood you run the risk of contracting something without getting the injection. Just a thought. Just over 7 weeks to go. Yesss!

Default_avatar

yes i agree should get the following shots :

Typhoid
    Malaria
    Hep A and B
    Rabies

also been doing a bit of research just gonna say DONT HIRE JETSKIIS IN PHUKET huge scam there for thsoe who didnt know search “phuket jetski scam” plenty of sites

• 24 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

You definately need a Hep A injection. And a Hep B just to be safe. Injections are so much fun >.<

Bronwyn, I’m also staying elsewhere before and after. Its called the Bird Cage Patong. Cheap and ye walking distance to most stuff.

• 24 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

lol not everyone in thailand is out to get you. ive hired jetskis before and it was fine.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.