Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West 17th Dec 2011?

4 Oct 2011 Just Piha asked

Just Piha

Anyone going on this trip?

• 24 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

Hmm, i might just be covered for those injections from travels into Africa – holding thumbs I don’t have to do them again! Thanks for the advice – and welcome to the chat :o)

Just a thought but how about using names in this chat – might be a little easier!

Hmm, i had booked into the See Sea hotel – a little out of Patong Beach but just looks so awesome and right on the beach… But it’s not confirmed so can still look at other options, there are a lot of decent looking places and it’s only one night. E-mac, maybe we could even try the Contiki hotel on the first night and share a room to cut costs?

Very relaxed – don’t mind doing my first night alone at all but if you guys are keen to meet up early, I’ll also be in on that :o)

• 24 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

well bronwyn your is obvious mine is darren, dunno about e-mac and the rest though lol so i guess i’ll meet you guys the 16th in phuket possibly at the sawaddi resort

Bronwyn

haha, thanks for that ;o) i may be blonde but i had worked yours out! e-mac is emilie but not sure about the rest of our south african crew…

Default_avatar

explorer 1 2 3 4 5 and 6??

Bronwyn

wasn’t there a 7 thrown in somewhere for good measure?

Default_avatar

uh maybe , Just was the original explorer and one of his mates is explorer 2 we havnt heard from 3 4 5 and 6 and we got the nsw dude (forgot his name), wow this forum is goin off!

• 24 Oct 2011 Just Piha said

Just Piha

My profile says my name is broadcast as Just Piha? The other saffas are a bit slow on the net so they havent joined yet its only Maddy Koninis that was talking about the Injections.

Bronwyn

Good stuff… Is that “Just” short for “Justin”?

And then I think that just leaves “Coastal”…

Default_avatar

yeah Just it does now im talking about when you first started the forum your name was explorer1234 or something like that

Just Piha

Yip it is indeed! how did you guess ha ha ha

Just Piha

oh ok sweet. the other explorer is called maddy.

Bronwyn

i’m just smart like that ;o)

Bronwyn

you guys all on fbook? linked up with emilie there…
    i’m gonna follow in her footsteps and jump the gun – full name is bronwyn monk and my email add is bronwyn.monk@gmail.com

Default_avatar

sure why not darren.mcgrath87@hotmail.com

• 24 Oct 2011 Matthew_James said

Matthew_James

Well I def think we should all stay at the contiki hotel on the first night of the tour. It’ll be better I reckon as most of the tour may stay there and it’ll be good to get involved with everyone from the get go. That’s what I did on my US contiki and it worked well. Sweet as, this is gonna be epic! I will make a contiki group on fb tonight, that way we can all keep on contact way easier!

Bronwyn

great idea maddy – a couple of us were just chatting on fb, much better than on here :o)

do you know about availability at the contiki hotel? i would def rather share with someone if possible – the quotes i saw were pretty expensive…

i’m off to gym now. have a good eve

• 24 Oct 2011 Coastal said

Default_avatar

My name is Mat, still havn’t booked in 16th yet will get onto it today. Seems most rooms have 2 beds anyway.

• 25 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Been told theyre all twin share but you have the option for single

• 25 Oct 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

Good stuff, Mat. When you get yourself sorted, join our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/246462392070305/

• 25 Oct 2011 Gerard said

Gerard

Hi guys,

Nice to meet you all. Sorry for not joining the discussion earlier – only discovered this thread today.

Very much looking forward to the trip – I hear contiki gets pretty wild and the fact that we have some South Africans on the trip should only add to that!

Gerard (Sydney)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion