Community_discussions_small  

Question

Review of Aussie Explorer Please?

5 Oct 2011 AllysaDreams asked

AllysaDreams

I'd really appreciate it as i'm thinking of doing this tour next August/September time....thankyou :)

• 6 Oct 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I did the Aussie Explorer July/August this year (it was amazing) so if you have questions I could probably answer them. I know there are some reviews already on here because I read the before I left on my trip. I even remember someone wrote a whole travelogue about their trip.

• 13 Dec 2011 Helen said

Helen

hi kelsey, im booked to do this tour in may. i’m from the uk and im travelling alone. is it as good as it’s made out to be??

• 13 Dec 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

It was lots of fun. You gets to see and do so many different things like the great barrier reef, the sunrise in the outback and I even decided to go sky diving. If you have any questions just ask.

• 13 Dec 2011 Helen said

Helen

yeah i really wanna do the sky dive. what was the weather like for u when u were there?? is it really rushed or quite steady?? and what would u recommend packing?? i’ve got so many questions, these r just the ones i can think of now lol.

• 14 Dec 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I was there in July (winter) and most of the places it was pretty warm. In the outback is was warm during the day and then cold at night. When it was cold I just wore jeans and a warm hoodie and I was fine. I didnt think it was rushed because I got to see everything that I wanted to.

• 21 Dec 2011 AllysaDreams said

AllysaDreams

Hi Kelsey, thankyou for answering, sorry it’s taken a while to respond! Ok I have lots of questions. What was your highlight? Would you recommend doing the whole tour or part of the tour (I think there’s a few tours with the explorer people)

Is it expensive in Australia and does everyone tip the driver and tour manager at the end of the tour? Did you do Darwin to Sydney? Any advice on what to pack? Did you have any vegans on your coach as I am so I’d like to know how well that can be catered for? Do you think I should do whitsundays too?

I’m so impressed about the sky dive, I couldn’t be that brave? How was it?did you feel safe?

Thankyou

Allysa

• 23 Dec 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

The explorer is made up of like 5 different tours. So people got on and of the bus at different times during the tour. I did Darwin to Sydney and there was 16 of us that did the whole explorer tour. I liked that I did the whole tour because the outback was so different then the coast.

The only places I found really expensive were some of the places in the outback. There is nothing else around other then the hotel you are staying so you kind of expect it to be expensive. As far as tipping goes you each get an envelope for the driver and tour manager and can tip if you like. I believe most people on my tour did tip.

There was no vegans on my tour but there was a few vegetarians and they were always provided something that they could eat and they seemed fine with what they got. Just make sure contiki knows what you are able to eat or not eat.

I did not do the whitsunday sailing. I instead stayed on the island and did the opitional day sail. I loved it. About half did the sailing and half sailed and everyone seemed happy with the choice they made.

Skydiving was not as scary as I thought it would be!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.