Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain and Ireland May 16 2012??

9 Oct 2011 Victoria asked

Victoria

Hey I was just wondering if anyone was going on the May 16th 2012 Great Britain and Ireland tour.

• 9 Oct 2011 Joe said

Default_avatar

Heya,

I’ll be going on this on the 18th if that’s the trip you’re referring to? I’m looking forward to it.

• 10 Oct 2011 Victoria said

Victoria

16 May 2012 – 02 Jun 2012 <—- that’s what it said on my booking page all the tours that i could pick from left on Wednesday but everyone I’ve been talking to their tours start on Friday’s

• 11 Oct 2011 rachelaclarke said

Default_avatar

Hi Victoria, take a look on this page all the tours definately leave on fridays… i too am booking for the 18th … confused much??

• 11 Oct 2011 Victoria said

Victoria

Haha MAYBE im crazy but it still says Wednesdays for me! I will email contiki and see whats going on. I hope it’s the 18th it would work better for me!

• 11 Oct 2011 Victoria said

Victoria

OK so i am on the may 18th tour i just leave Canada on the 16th.

• 24 Oct 2011 *Claire* said

Default_avatar

Hi, i’m also booked on this tour leaving on the 18th of May, doing the Ulimate European first then staying around for this tour afterwards

• 18 Jan 2012 Val said

Val

Hey everyone! I’ll be on this tour too, just booked today. I’ll also be staying in London 4 nights before the tour. Anyone else going to London before the tour?

• 18 Jan 2012 CPMEJoe said

CPMEJoe

I’m about to book this tour! I’m going to be in London a day early and then stay an extra night at the end of the tour. Anyone else been on a Contiki tour before? This will be my 4th Contiki!

• 8 Feb 2012 CPMEJoe said

CPMEJoe

Booked! I’m getting into London on the 16th, probably staying in a Hostel somewhere near Russel Square. Anyone else getting in early? oh, and I’m 30/m and this will be my 4th Contiki!

• 8 Feb 2012 Val said

Val

This will be my 2nd Contiki and I will be getting into London on the 13th. I’m 24 (will be turning 25 during this trip)/f

• 8 Feb 2012 Victoria said

Victoria

Hey this will be my first tour with contiki, how did you find your last tours with them? i’ll be getting into london on the 17th and will be staying till june 11th I will be 21 by the trip/f

• 8 Feb 2012 Val said

Val

My last tour was great! I did the Simply Italy tour last year, it was really fast paced through some of the bigger cities because there was so much to see, but all in all it was amazing. Where are you staying before and after the tour Victoria? I’ll be staying at the hotel we start the tour off in (the Imperial). We should all meet up ahead of time!

• 8 Feb 2012 Victoria said

Victoria

I believe I will be staying at the start off hotel for the first day I leave Canada on the 16th and get to England on the 17th at 10 am or around. After my tour i will be staying at the generator hostel till the 11th but I will be going to Paris for a few days.

• 10 Feb 2012 CPMEJoe said

CPMEJoe

All of my tours have been great, I’ve done the European Magic, Mediterranean Highlights, and the Eastern Road. You won’t be able to see everything in each city on the tours, but you’ll be able to hit most of the highlights. The best part about the tours is meeting a whole bunch of new people and making new friends. I keep in touch with people from all of my trips!

So I’m getting in a day early (the 16th) and will be staying at the Astor Museum Hostel. I’m still trying to figure out my extra night at the end of the trip.

• 29 Feb 2012 Jesse said

Jesse

Hi Guys, I’ve created a Facebook Group for anyone going on the May 18th tour if you would like to join!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/306621566058251/#!/groups/306621566058251/

• 19 Mar 2012 h.campbell said

h.campbell

Hey all!
    I might be in the totally wrong discussion, but I think that the Scotland & Ireland tour I am going on is a part of this longer tour. The dates correspond with one another, but I’m just waiting for an email back from Contiki to let me know if this is correct. So…hopefully I’ve got this right and I look forward to meeting everyone, but if not then I hope you guys have a great time! (I’ll join the Facebook group once I find out if I’ll actually be travelling with you guys). :)

• 21 Mar 2012 Val said

Val

Hi h.campbell
    It probably is part of the same tour. I have heard that the longer tour joins with the group doing just Ireland & Scotland and people just doing Ireland. Is this your first Contiki?

• 21 Mar 2012 h.campbell said

h.campbell

Hey, it is my first Contiki, and first time overseas. I heard that too about this tour, and I figured with the dates working out that it would be the case. But…I just heard back from someone at Contiki and she said that it’s not a part of your longer tour (although maybe she’s wrong?). I guess I’m off to make a new discussion thread though!

• 21 Mar 2012 Val said

Val

Interesting… maybe it’s the tour that goes in reverse… WHO KNOWS! Well best of luck. Have a blast

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion