Community_discussions_small  

Question

GRAND SOUTHERN (LA - NY) 21 JUNE 2012

9 Oct 2011 rhi_ asked

rhi_

Booked it for my 21st. It's my first contiki and first time to the states. I'm hitting it alone and will be spending two days in LA beforehand, staying at the grand kyoto and another five days in NY afterwards. Anyone going on this trip?

• 9 Oct 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

hey rhi,
    I’m also on this tour! I think im going to be in LA around 4days before the tour at the Grand Kyoto also and 4 days in NY after the tour! Can’t wait for it :-)

• 9 Oct 2011 rhi_ said

rhi_

hey! that’s so cool. we should catch up beforehand :)

JerryLangers

yeah for sure! so you celebrating your 21st on tour?

• 9 Oct 2011 rhi_ said

rhi_

na i turn 21 two weeks before. i was going to go on the tour before ours so i could be in the states for my birthday but i would have turned 21 after we left vegas and thats not cool.

you going alone?

JerryLangers

haha yeah can’ be having that! need to be able to fully experience Vegas!

Yeah i’m going solo also! there is always a heap of solo travelers on Contiki so it’s pretty good and easy to get along and make friends :)

Sounds like we have to have a few birthday drinks in LA before the tour!

• 9 Oct 2011 rhi_ said

rhi_

yea. so you’ve been on contiki before?

it sounds that way hey. i’m crazy excited!

JerryLangers

Yeah, I went on one last year to Europe.. it was a 29 day tour all over Europe! was such an awesome trip!!

Yeah it will be such a good trip I reckon…. Vegas, Grand Canyon etc…. can’t wait!!!

do you have facebook?

• 9 Oct 2011 rhi_ said

rhi_

sure do.
    nonnaihr@live.com.au is my email. :)

• 9 Oct 2011 Explorer1303060 said

Explorer1303060

Thinkin about booking this tour! Never been overseas and am in need of a major holiday and awesome time, life re evaluation etc, what better place to do that than VEGAS!! :)

• 9 Oct 2011 Jess said

Jess

Hey guys!!!

I’m from Adelaide and I too am going on this tour!!!

I’m staying at the Kyoto also for 2 nights before the start of the tour than a week in NY at the end!!

What day is your birthday? I turn 22 on the 25 of June!!

It would be great to chat to some people before we go as I’m traveling on my own and it’s my first time out of Australia, so pretty scary (and exciting!!!)

JerryLangers

hey yeah this tour is getting some numbers up which is good!

Explorer1303108, sounds like were having a party bash for you on Tour!! :-D Also looks like were all traveling solo at this stage and yeah facebook is always a good place to chat and get to know each other before tour! j_langers@hotmail.com is my email.

I’m thinking there’s definitely going to be a pre-tour catch up.

• 10 Oct 2011 Jess said

Jess

I don’t have Facebook at the moment but if anyone wants to email me privately my email is: jessroesler@hotmail.com. Be great to talk to others who are going :)
    Where are you from Jerry? Have you booked your trip yet?

• 10 Oct 2011 rhi_ said

rhi_

ahh! this is so so cool.

jess – my 21st is on the 27th of may so a little bit before but that’s so cool yours is on tour. huge party! :D
    what day do you arrive? i get there on the 19th which is two days before so it’s looking like we getting there on the same day too! get facebook!

Explorer1303060 – don’t think about it, just do it. it’s gonna be a blast. i’ve been out of the country before but i don’t think it’s going to compare to this. my travel agent did this trip a few years ago and she said it’s basically just a huge party for 26 days and the only time you sleep is on the bus.

holy crap. i am so excited it’s ridicoulas!! we should all definitely catch up beforehand. disneyland or something. lol

• 10 Oct 2011 Jess said

Jess

I get there on the 19th also!!! I’ll get my Facebook back soon, be good to chat before we go :)

So you’re staying at the Kyoto as well?

• 10 Oct 2011 Jess said

Jess

Have you booked your flights yet?

• 10 Oct 2011 rhi_ said

rhi_

yes and yes!
    i have booked my flights and i am staying at the kyoto.

who are you flying with?

• 10 Oct 2011 Jess said

Jess

Not sure my travel agent is looking for me…probably quantas from Melbourne

You?

• 10 Oct 2011 rhi_ said

rhi_

lol. well im in brissy and i fly from here to melbourne, then melbourne to LAX with qantas.
    so you’ve never gone on contiki before?

• 10 Oct 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

hey guys! yeah I have booked Jess! I haven’t booked flights as of yet but i’m looking to be in LA a few days before the tour and im also staying at Kyoto…. I’m from Melbourne and cannot wait for this trip!!! A mate of mine did this earlier this year and said it was awesome!!

Got to be a pre tour catch up! Disneyland sounds like a plan ;-)

• 10 Oct 2011 Jess said

Jess

So we might be on the same flight!!! I’ll let you know when I book my flight :)

And yes Jerry a pre tour catch up sounds like a great idea!

I’ve never been on contiki before so I’m nervous but also really excited!! I can’t wait to travel and meet new people going to be great!!!

Have you guys been to the US before?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.