Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Highlights 25th April 2012

9 Oct 2011 Mish asked

Mish

Hey guys,

We have just booked our European highlights tour for the 25th of April 2012. Is there anybody else who has booked this trip? We would like to get in contact with our fellow travellers.

Hope to chat soon
Mish

• 11 Oct 2011 Jenn said

Jenn

I just checked, is there one on the 25th? I’m leaving on the 23rd and I only see the next one for the 27th?

• 12 Oct 2011 Jenn said

Jenn

I think I am too, too bad, I’d like to meet some people! Enjoy your tour!

• 12 Oct 2011 Mish said

Mish

Ahhhh…it would have been great if you were coming on the same tour. I hope you have a great time as well :-)

• 9 Nov 2011 Kallum said

Kallum

Hey Mish,
    My friend and i have just booked this tour and i am excited that someone else has already made a booking.
    I look forward to talking to you before we leave, it will be good to know people before we get there.
    Hope to talk to you soon.
    Kallum.

• 9 Nov 2011 Mish said

Mish

Hey Kallum

That’s great to hear from someone else coming on the tour with us!!! It’s myself, my boyfriend and my best friend from work that are coming on the tour, and we’ve booked and paid, and we organized our flights last week. We are from South Africa and it’s our first contiki so we are really excited. We are also going to be spending a bit of time in London before and after our trip as well.
    Which country are you from and are you coming with anyone else?

• 10 Nov 2011 Kallum said

Kallum

It will only be my best friend and myself coming and we have also paid for the tour and organised our flights. It is also our first contiki tour, so we are both excited as well. We get into London about 4 days before we leave on the tour so that we can try and see as much as we can, but we are staying in Amsterdam after the tour. We are from Australia by the way.

• 13 Dec 2011 jitz said

jitz

Hi there people. I am planning on the European highlights for April 25th. I look forward to meeting everyone before trip as well. Im also in London for a few days before tour starts. Going for some football at Old Trafford. Im from cape town south africa, and cant wait to get going!! :-)

• 13 Dec 2011 Mish said

Mish

Hi jitz. Its great to meet you. Ah that’s so awesome that you’re going to old Trafford…very jealous… I’m a Man U fan :-)!!! Maybe we’ll get to see you in London before we leave. We are staying at the Royal National hotel (the contiki hotel) the night before the trip, so we’ll probably meet up with you there if you are also staying there. We are from Joburg…and really looking forward to leaving:-) cheers

• 13 Dec 2011 Jenn said

Jenn

Hi Everyone! Mish, I replied to you earlier and the reason I was confused is because my date includes travel time (since I’m from Canada), but I am on the same tour as you! I’m glad I got this figured out :P

• 14 Dec 2011 Mish said

Mish

Oh brilliant Jenn. I’m so glad that you’re coming on the same trip. Its gonna be brilliant…We’re all so excited :-) just trying to organize our visas and travel insurance now, which is the biggest mission!!! Does anyone know what kind of weather we can be expecting? Us South African’s aren’t used to extreme cold or snow… :-)

• 19 Dec 2011 Shavaughn said

Shavaughn

Hi everyone!!
    I’m the friend that Mich spoke about earlier :)
    So glad to see that we already have a lil group going, ganna be loads of fun!!
    …And yes I’d also like to know what 2 expect from the weather – anyone have any idea?

• 19 Dec 2011 Jenn said

Jenn

I’ve never been to Europe before, but I have friends in Nice who might be able to find out! I’ll ask them! Another question: what have you decided on between backpack and suitcase? And is anyone else doing some extra travel afterwards?? I’m stopping in Amsterdam and going back to Paris, then on to Nice.

• 28 Dec 2011 Shavaughn said

Shavaughn

Ok sounds good, will u let us know if you find out please:) …and I’m using a suitcase for most of my stuff, maybe a small backpack to use when we are out during the day :)
    Mish, Steve and I are staying in London for a few days after, the two of them are also arriving in London a week before the tour to visit a friend :)
    Have a great new years guys and girls. Chat 2 u all again soon! :D

• 31 Dec 2011 Jenn said

Jenn

so I heard back from her and I guess she’s not meeting any Europeans, cause her advice was to check Google lol. Looking at it, it seems like anywhere from low 10s to mid 20s (Celsius) would be a reasonable guess for April to May. I’m probably going to bring one warm sweater, one raincoat, and one light sweater in case there’s a cold/rainy day (or night) but my packing distribution has failed me before, and I’m kind of basing it on spring here so I’m not sure how much help that is… sorry!

• 3 Jan 2012 Shavaughn said

Shavaughn

Thanks for the extra Googling ;) That sounds reasonable, I think I’ll do that too! We can always check the actual weather closer to the trip!
    We are busy sorting out our travel insurance now (bleh) and accommodation for the night before the trip starts…all very exciting! Visa’s are next up ;)

• 9 Jan 2012 Steve said

Steve

Hi Ladies and Gents,
    My Name is Steve, I belong to Michelle. HAHA, Glad to see our trip is filling up with people from around the world

Catch up soon

• 24 Jan 2012 Care said

Care

Hey! I am also booked on this tour. Cannot wait :) Glad to see there are already a friendly bunch of us!

• 24 Jan 2012 Mish said

Mish

I think I’m going to take a suit case. But just check if you are taking a suit case as there are certain Contiki weight and size requirements for cases. It’s just a bit of a mission as we also have to bring our own pillow and sleeping bag, and I’m not sure if those will fit in the case, but we’ll see. I’ve got a friend living in London so I’ll check the weather with her just before we leave for our trip, and let everyone know. I completely underestimated what a mission it is to plan an overseas trip. We are busy organizing our visa’s now…what a mission…seriously…but it’s all good:-) We are staying at the Royal National Hotel (which is apparently the Contiki hotel) in London the night before we leave for the trip. Is there anyone else who will be staying there? if so we should all meet up there to meet eachother properly before the tour leaves :-)
    Hey Caroline where are you from??? it’s nice to meet you :-)

• 25 Jan 2012 Jenn said

Jenn

Thanks for the recommendation about size limitations, I didn’t think of that. Just a suggestion for anyone wanting to cut down on space: whenever my family goes camping, pillows aren’t allowed because they’re just so big. Instead we bundle up one of our bigger, warmer sweaters and put it under the head part of the sleeping bag as an improvised pillow. I’m going to be backpacking around Europe after the tour, so I’m trying to keep weight and size to a minimum!

• 26 Jan 2012 CandiceRozak said

CandiceRozak

I love the idea of using a sweater… I just paid a partial amount and am still trying to figure out all the info on our trip (i got the info as to where we are going, but past that apparently i’m a little slow haha) I’m from Edmonton, AB, Canada and will be arriving a night early as well!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.