Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Explorer - April 20, 2012

11 Oct 2011 LaurenSeattle asked

LaurenSeattle

Hi there! Anyone else signed up for the April 20th South American Explorer tour? Would love to meet my tripmates! - Lauren

• 12 Oct 2011 nicole.crystal said

nicole.crystal

I am! Looking forward to it.

• 13 Oct 2011 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

Finally someone else on the tour. :D Im Ryan from Toronto.

• 13 Oct 2011 LaurenSeattle said

LaurenSeattle

Awesome! Glad to see there are some other early planners. I’m so excited for this tour. Have you guys already booked your airfare, and if so, do you guys have a crazy layover in Lima (like 5-6 hours at night)? I’m having issues trying to find the ideal flight combo with the limited options out there… :)

• 13 Oct 2011 nicole.crystal said

nicole.crystal

I haven’t booked air yet but I’m thinking of flying into Lima on the 18th then to Cuzco on the night of the 19th. There really isn’t a good way of going. Nothing direct to Cuzco and the earliest flight into Cuzco might get in too late on the 20th.

• 14 Oct 2011 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

I haven’t booked any flights yet. But just looking at the flights. And it seems there is a 2-3 hour layover in Lima. But I will be flying in early around the 18th. Since I don’t want to be jet lagged and get accustomed to the high altitude.

• 7 Nov 2011 LaurenSeattle said

LaurenSeattle

Hey Nicole – it looks like American has a direct flight to Lima and a direct flight back from Rio through JFK… that could be a good option for ya! :)

• 7 Nov 2011 nicole.crystal said

nicole.crystal

I know. I just hate getting to/from JFK and prefer Continental. I never have good luck with American from JFK!

• 23 Nov 2011 Nyms said

Nyms

Hi, I’m flying all the way from Singapore, but planning to do my transit through US. Which state would you recommend?

• 10 Feb 2012 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

2 months to go. I just purchased my tickets. And looks like I’ll have 8+ hour layover in Lima FML. PM if you want to add me on FB.

• 11 Feb 2012 RaeMinkinc said

Default_avatar

i was wondering if you are able to make your own internet browser like chrome mozilla iexplorer etc.
    Katom Coupon Codes

• 28 Feb 2012 Sophie said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone! I’m signed up to this trip too! I’m Sophie from London :)

• 28 Feb 2012 LaurenSeattle said

LaurenSeattle

Hi Sophie and Nyms! Looking forward to touring around South Am with you in less than two months!! :) Anyone else arriving in Cusco a day early? My flight gets in at like 10am on the 19th.

• 28 Feb 2012 Sophie said

Default_avatar

I probably am, although I haven’t booked any flights yet! Its such a long way from the UK and all of the flights seem to get in early!

• 28 Feb 2012 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

Hey lauren, I got your message. But won’t let me respond on my bb. Feel free to add me ryanmalillin@hotmail.com just leave a brief descripton.

Ryan

• 28 Feb 2012 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

double post

• 14 Apr 2012 Sophie said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone! feeling very excited now! My flight gets into cusco at 10am on the 19th-anyone fancy meeting in the airport and sharing a taxi into town?! I’ll be looking out for Contikit luggage tags :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.