Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Thail Island Hopping West Dec 17 to 25 2011

11 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

Travelling solo.

Planning to arrive in Patong on the 16th, then doing the tour followed by a few more days in Patong then flying to Bangkok to go to the epic markets etc

Anyone else have similar plans? And has anyone booked yet?

OH and whats everyone doing to celebrate christmas ha?

• 21 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Hey, glad to see i’m not the only solo traveller i’m most likely going to be on this tour, i’m gettin into Phuket on the 16th if all goes to plan lol, as for christmas i guess i’ll be flying back to spend a belated christmas with the family :)

• 22 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

Im flying wth strategic airlines so I hope that all goes well. Good flight price so hoping no delays. :)
    Flying home for xmas, how nice of you. The next flight I could get was on the 28th so I’ve gotta hang around in the sun for a few days. such a shame hey.

What do you do Darren?

• 22 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

uh nice im flying air asia but i wish i was flying malaysian i must be one of the only few people who likes airplane food, uh thats too bad origianlly i was trying for the 24th december tour but thats full was hoping to hit 2 birds with one stone coz im on xmas break at the time that tours on…uh well.

Me im a project officer/coordinator by contract. what about you e-mac??

• 22 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

you like airplane food? wow. it seams to make me vom.. not a good result on a plane. i like airplane alcohol though, so it makes up for it. ye i had to take 4 days off work to go to thailand at the same time as my work holidays. i know the pain.
    how much was air asian? im paying 990 return from melbourne.

im 21 (22 the day i arrive in thailand) and i am a dental nurse :)

• 22 Oct 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

hahah airplane alcohol ive never been able to taste the difference lol, yea i think im having to take an extra
    4 or 5 days before xmas break and im pretty sure not enough annual leave to cover it.

wow you gotta good deal i think mine cost about 1050 return

im 24

• 23 Oct 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

bugger about not having enough annual leave. :( hope it works out for you.
    $1050 is good too.
    and ye, alcohol is alcohol :p

• 17 Nov 2011 Amit said

Amit

hey..im doing it aswell but on the 10th
    im sticking around after till the 3rd of jan..so if you are wandering around..would love a wandering around buddy :P
    oh and im from victoria too!

• 17 Nov 2011 Lalee said

Lalee

yay. looks like a few of us are going solo.
    I’m arriving in Phucket on the 15th of Dec, and flying back the night of the 25th. (also getting back for a bit of Christmas with the family).
    Has anyone done a contiki before?

• 17 Nov 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Hi Amit, sure mate see what happens may be a little tricky being as different tour groups but if you wanna catch up on xmas day back in Phuket, let us know.

Hi Lalee, we have a facebook group if you care to join whats your fb details ill add you on. I arrive back home Boxing day morning. This will be my 2nd contiki.

• 21 Nov 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

amit :) im around until the 29th so this would work :)

• 23 Nov 2011 Amit said

Amit

Darren- i think i’ll be in bangkok then..but depends on if theres still flooding..then i might go back to phuket during christmas

E-mac – Awesome..while im not sure how we are going to get in contact while over there since we are in diffferent tour groups. Email? facebook? I’ll def get a sim once im over there..so it’ll be easier to communicate

• 23 Nov 2011 e-mac said

Default_avatar

blind_mice_cant_jump@hotmail.com find me on facebook :)

• 23 Nov 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

hi lalee
    good to have another saffa on the trip – plus you’re a girl and we’re def outnumbered at this stage! ;o)
    send us through your fb details or email add so we can put you on our group…

• 23 Nov 2011 Amit said

Amit

added!

lalee/browyn …find me on facebook Amit Prodhan (should be the only one i think?)
    haha so glad to see other going solo too..would be great to hang out with you guys if we’re in and around the same area

btw..noone sticking around for nye? full moon?

• 24 Nov 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

cool, have sent you a friend request :o)
    it is great when there are a bunch of people going solo, sure we’re going to have a great time.
    also heading home for new year – i don’t live in the same town as my family so going to be coming back for a belated christmas with them

• 24 Nov 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

Aww i wish i was staying in Thailand for NYE sadly 11:55pm xmas day my plane leaves for Perth :( wish i had more time…and money :P

• 1 Dec 2011 Idur said

Idur
    travelling solo

I arrive at Phuket airport on the 17th at 3pm.oh yeah i’m also south african,this is my first contiki tour so hoping to have a blast….get in touch people lets start chatting.

ciao

• 1 Dec 2011 Bronwyn said

Bronwyn

hey there
    welcome! :o) send me your email addy and i’ll add you to our group on fb…

• 1 Dec 2011 Idur said

Idur

hey Bronwyn,

r.esquire@hotmail.com

• 5 Dec 2011 Lalee said

Lalee

Hey guys,

Sorry been out of the loop for a while.
    Yes please add me to the FB group.
    I am Lara-Lee Magnus on FB. FB email addy is: sunflowersandmangos@gmail.com.
    down to 6.5 working days, and 9 sleeps before leaving on the jetplane.
    @Darren87- this will my 2nd contiki too-where was your first?

@Amit you not the only one on FB, but I think I’ve added you. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.