Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Road

15 Oct 2011 Sarah43 asked

Default_avatar

Has anyone gone on the Eastern Road trip (Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland)? I went on the Mediterranean Highlights trip (Spain, France, Italy) this past summer and my next trip I would love to go on is to Eastern Europe (maybe next summer). Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, recommendations?

• 21 Oct 2011 Lynx said

Lynx

Hi Sarah, yes I just did the eastern road in September and absolutely loved it. So full of contrasts. A few suggestions: if you can, fly out of warsaw and don’t take the free transfer back to berlin at the end, unless you enjoy spending a entire day on the coach. As far as optional extras go, I did them all. It depends on what you like but the river cruise in budapest is an absolute must, the food was incredible and the views were breathtaking. If you have any other specific questions you are welcome to ask…

• 24 Oct 2011 Anthony said

Anthony

Pretty keen on this tour, just booked for the 9th Jun 12, nice way to fill the end of my holiday. Have only been to Czech before, hoping the surrounding areas are just as good.

• 10 Jan 2012 Erndog said

Erndog

@ Lynx

You spend the WHOLE day on the coach from Warsaw to Berlin??? That’s a lot! But I guess you get to see the Polish country side? Might be worth it? I was planning on going May 18th. Weather should be good not too hot not too cold :-)

Seems like some people have booked in June, maybe I’ll reconsider :-)

• 12 Jan 2012 ShawnaWms said

ShawnaWms

I am also thinking about taking this one, I am trying to decide between this one in May or June 2012 and the Amsterdam to Barcelona for the same months. I just can’t decide!!!!

• 12 Jan 2012 Carezzz said

Default_avatar

I have booked this tour for July 15 2012!

• 13 Jan 2012 sldwyer said

sldwyer

I will be going on this tour from May 11-24th! I am definitely heeding the advice to fly out of Warsaw.

• 13 Jan 2012 Explorer1221428 said

Default_avatar

I will be doing the Eastern Road tour from Apr.27 to May 10. I hear that Contiki does not offer a ride to the airport in Warsaw like in some of the other tours. Anyone who has done this tour, how long does it take to get from the airport in Berlin to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport in Warsaw?

• 15 Jan 2012 CQ said

CQ

My sister and I are doing this tour starting on June 9th! We are starting our trip in Hamburg then joining the group in Berlin :)

• 16 Jan 2012 Carezzz said

Default_avatar

Hey CQ – I am going to Hamburg before the trip starts in Berlin also! Though I’ll be there about a month later :)

• 21 Jan 2012 Lench81 said

Lench81

I did this tour last year and the hotel we stayed at in Warsaw, you don’t need a transfer to the airport as you can walk there. This trip is seriously amazing! I agree with Lynx, do as many of the optionals you can, but the cruise in Budapest is easily the best optional of the tour. Have fun, so jealous, wish i was doing it again!!

• 21 Jan 2012 Explorer1352071 said

Default_avatar

My friend is moving from Virginia to Minesota and she as pet frogs. It’s a long trip that can take days and they’ll be making plenty of stops where the car can get real hot and etc.
    Relift Xs

• 25 Jan 2012 Carezzz said

Default_avatar

Hey Lench81, do you remember the name of the hotel in Warsaw? Thanks for the advice everyone!

• 26 Jan 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

I am looking tooking to do this tour on june 9th. Super excited hope to find some other people who are doing it as well.

• 30 Jan 2012 FNisim said

Default_avatar

I am thinking about going May 11th on Eastern Road…unfortunately might have to travel solo ( 24 yo male from nyc) anyone else going?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.