Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe tour spring 2012

18 Oct 2011 Ariana_S asked

Ariana_S

Hi! I'm definitely considering doing a European tour, possibly Road to Athens in late April/early may 2012. I'm most likely going to be travelling solo and I just wanted to see if anyone had any tips for travelling solo. I've never flown alone and that's one of my biggest concerns, plus the whole aspect of meeting people !

I know it will be an amazing experience, but I just wanted to get a feel for what others recommend, or say about the tour!

• 18 Oct 2011 Explorer1296283 said

Explorer1296283

My husband and I are doing the Road to Athens that starts May 13th. I don’t have any tips on travelling solo and this is our first Contiki but we are really looking forward to it. If you book Road to Athens to leave May 13th at least you will know 1 person on that tour. We thought the Road to Athens seemed to have it all for the amount of time and the price.
    We have a friend that did a Contiki tour a couple years ago and her suggestion was to do as many of the extra things like dinners and excursions as you can. She said they are a lot of fun and great to meet people.

• 11 Nov 2011 matt.p said

matt.p

Hey! I am booked on the 4th of may European experience.. It looks pretty good, and I’m pretty pumped for it! I am going by myself for the first time, and its my first time in europe too!

• 11 Nov 2011 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I’m going alone too. something like 75% of people that go on contiki tours are traveling alone

just be yourself and you’ll be fine

• 14 Nov 2011 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

There were 12 people out of 31 on my tour that went alone. Everyone ended up friends really quickly. By the 2nd day you wouldn’t think anyone had gone alone! @ Matt. I did the European Experience in September and had an amazing time! Did all the optionals and loved it all!

• 14 Nov 2011 Megsy91 said

Megsy91

I’m booked for the 27th April – 25th May European Contrasts tour.. I am also travelling solo. It’s my first overseas trip and flying alone!!

• 20 Mar 2012 Justin said

Justin

I am travelling on the 31st of July me and a mate first trip overseas, should be epic…. Yeh buddy!! Anyone looking at travelling on this date??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.