Community_discussions_small  

Question

ditch florence for pisa?? HELP please!

24 Oct 2011 Bec14 asked

Bec14

hey all,
so im doing the european whirl and we dont get to go to pisa. however we are in florence for a short stay and was wondering who has been to florence and/or pisa. which in your opinion is better. i really wanna see pisa but dont want to miss florence.
was thinking maybe do stuff with group until lunch, 4 hrs or so should be enough to get to pisa, have a look at the leaning tower, get back and be in florence with the group for dinner.
thoughts?

• 24 Oct 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

Florence is way better then Pisa. There is nothing much other then shopping (the touristy junk gifts) and the tower. Personally I loved Florence and Pisa was meh, There is so much to see in Florence anyway. :)

• 24 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

i believe we have the afternoon with some free time, what did you do in your free time if you dont mind me asking?

• 24 Oct 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

You can climb the Duomo (400+ steps going up). The view from the top is amazing beyond words. You can see a 360 view of Florence from really high up. There are lots of amazing places that have great photo ops as well. And shopping. Tons of shopping.

• 25 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

oh just what i like to hear, shopping and lots of it hahaha.

• 25 Oct 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

And the shopping is actual places and not tourist items. Although they do have them, it is way better then Pisa for that at least.

• 25 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

hmm. i dunno the rest of the group are really keen for pisa. do you do the whirl tour?
    mayb just the arv in pisa and the rest of the day in florence shopping lol. and climbing that place with 400 odd stairs :l

• 25 Oct 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

I did Italian Espresso, We had a few days in Florence and i still didn’t get to see everything. Personally though Pisa was only good for 15-30mins. Just for the photos of the tower.

• 25 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

i just googled that duomo, looks pretty awsome. ah man, why do we only have one night in florence, maybe i can do both, do some of the sightseeing with the group when we arrive on first day, then go to pisa, and then the second day (if i have time i guess) do some more and then off to swiss alps.
    hmmm…why does this have to be so hard lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion