Community_discussions_small  

Question

Berlin to Budapest or Egypt and the Nile?

28 Nov 2010 Thatxgrrrl asked

Default_avatar
I am trying to plan a trip for Jan 2011 and was debating between Berlin to Budapest or Egypt and the Nile cruise. Does anyone have any info on either of these tours? Also, I would specifically like to know about the weather. Thanks!
  • 28 Nov 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

Weather in Egypt http://www.somewheredifferent….egypt-in-january.htm

Weather in Berlin at that time averages 0. Guess it depends how cold you want to be!

I’ve never been to Egypt but have done the cities along the Berlin to Budapest route on a similar tour and they were amazing. I think, for me, I liked that not all of them were as commercial as Paris or Rome, for example. They were strikingly beautiful and the people very nice. The food was fantastic too. You might even get some snow at that time of the year!

• 29 Nov 2010 Thatxgrrrl said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the info and for the photos! I don’t mind being cold, but I don’t want to be colder than I would be at home (NYC). It’s a tough decision!

• 1 Dec 2010 Wez said

Wez

I’m doing the Berlin to Budapest tour in July so I guess that tells you which tour I would recommend, lol.
    Apparently all the visited cities on that particular tour are amazing whereas I think Egypt is an acquired taste, some people absolutely love it, some not so much.

• 1 Dec 2010 TrippyGirl said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Thatxgrrrl:
    I am trying to plan a trip for Jan 2011 and was debating between Berlin to Budapest or Egypt and the Nile cruise. Does anyone have any info on either of these tours? Also, I would specifically like to know about the weather. Thanks!

January will be chill in both places. have you been anywhere similar to egypt? if not, i’d go there.

• 1 Dec 2010 Thatxgrrrl said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the info everyone. I don’t mind “chilly,” it’s “freezing” that I have a problem with. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    My original plan was Berlin to Budapest and it’s the weather that’s making me have doubts. Not that I don’t want to see Egypt at some point too, but maybe I should go with my first instinct.

• 2 Dec 2010 gator717 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Thatxgrrrl:
    Thanks for the info everyone. I don’t mind “chilly,” it’s “freezing” that I have a problem with. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    My original plan was Berlin to Budapest and it’s the weather that’s making me have doubts. Not that I don’t want to see Egypt at some point too, but maybe I should go with my first instinct.

Hello! If you visit the Egypt and The Nile Meeting Place section of this forum, I have posted a VERY detailed thread with tons of information on the Egypt and The Nile tour. I just returned from that trip about a month ago and I will be returning to Egypt in the coming months. If you have any specific questions about Egypt (my second field of study) or about the trip, let me know. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m wrapping up my picture album and travel blog this weekend!

• 4 Dec 2010 Thatxgrrrl said

Default_avatar

Thanks Gator!

You have a lot of info and it’s given me a lot to think about! It’s so hard to decide where to go when you just want to see the world!

Thanks again!

• 14 Dec 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did Egypt and the Nile in March and it was warm or hot during the day except one day when it was cool. At night it did get chilly, but not really cold.

And Egypt was AMAZING.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.