Community_discussions_small  

Question

UE 29 April &/or Scandi-Russia 17 June 2012

26 Oct 2011 Millie88 asked

Millie88

Hello
I am doign the Ultimate Europe plus Egypt leaving on the 29th April 2012 and the Scandi-Russia leaving 17th June 2012. I am in Europe for 3 months trying to see as much as I can.

Just want to know if anyone is booked in for either tour, I will be travelling solo so would be nice to know ppl before hand.

• 10 Nov 2011 Dex_from_Rocky said

Dex_from_Rocky

Hi,
    I paid the deposit for the Scandinavia & Russia tour for 17 June 2012 today, and can’t wait! I did the Ultimate Europe + Egypt in May/June/July of 2010; best time of my life which is why I’m doing Contiki again. If you have any questions about the Ultimate tour feel free to ask :)

• 16 Nov 2011 Millie88 said

Millie88

hey dex! ive only done one contiki, northern territory, was bloody legendary!

is there anything i should know about the ultimate europe?

where bouts r u from?

• 16 Nov 2011 Dex_from_Rocky said

Dex_from_Rocky

I’m from Rockhampton, in Central Queensland. Only things I can think of that are worth knowing about the UE+E is that you should prepare meds for Egypt; everybody had stomach issues by the end of the week there. So be prepared; should make it easier. Egypt was my favourite part of the whole tour, so don’t think its more serious than it is!

As the tour is pretty long with few lengthy stops, our group found it tricky to keep towels dry as there was no time to hang them out for long. For the next trip I plan to bring a few, and throw them out as they get ‘beyond saving’.

Another regular problem for a few of us in the group was camera battery charge. There are power points on the bus, however when there are 50 people wanting them at once it might mean you can’t charge when you want. A spare battery might help with this; you can use the spare while you wait your turn to charge the other.

Hope that helps. I’m looking forward to Scandi next year!

• 18 Nov 2011 Millie88 said

Millie88

thanks that helps! yes bring on next year!!! not too far now!

• 19 Nov 2011 Jacqui said

Default_avatar

I’m on the Scandinavia & Russia one on June 17th too!!!!!! I’ve paid both my tours off. I’m also doing Eastern Road after S & R. :D

• 20 Nov 2011 Millie88 said

Millie88

hi jacqui! where bouts in aus r u from? im from perth..

• 21 Nov 2011 Jacqui said

Default_avatar

Hey Millie, i’m from Adelaide.

• 21 Nov 2011 Dex_from_Rocky said

Dex_from_Rocky

Hi Jacqui! Is this your first contiki?

• 22 Nov 2011 Jacqui said

Default_avatar

Yes it is!!! and i can’t wait lol :D

• 28 Nov 2011 BecS said

BecS

Hey, I too will be on the Scandi/Russia tour!! It will be my second contiki (last Contiki tour was back in ‘06 to New Zealand – long time ago!!), but first time I’ll be travelling to Europe. I’m seriously excited already and it’s still over 6 months away!

Nice to know that there’s other solo travellers on the trip as well :)

Bec

• 30 Dec 2011 Emily said

Emily

I just booked the Scandi/Russia tour for the 17th June too! It’s my first Contiki and I’m going solo. Scared but so excited!

• 9 Jan 2012 Will said

Default_avatar

About to book this trip as well. Can’t wait!

• 22 Mar 2012 Dex_from_Rocky said

Dex_from_Rocky

It’s now less than three months to go until Scandi…. is everyone excited?

• 22 Mar 2012 Millie88 said

Millie88

I head to Europe in a month, still waiting on my travel docs but am sooo excited. I’ll be in Berlin 2 nights before the tour so if anyone else is likewise we can go try a few of these German beers :)

• 30 Mar 2012 tenz said

tenz

Hey Guys!!! I’ve also booked for the this tour i’m from N.Z…travelling solo as well cant wait not long to go now!!!

• 15 Apr 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Idling Russia and Scandinavia June 10-July 5!!! So I’ll meet you second half of tour :)
    This is my second tour :) I’m from Melbourne Australia oh and we will be celebrating my 24th bday in Russia woohoo :) I’ve made a FB page too :)

• 29 Apr 2012 BecS said

BecS

I’m excited! Tour is all paid off, visa application in motion and now just saving for the optionals. Only 40 days til I head off to Europe now. It can’t come soon enough!

Has anyone got their visa for Russia yet? I applied 3 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything yet from my travel agent. Also does anyone know whereabouts the meeting point is in Berlin?

Thanks, and I’ll see you all in June :)

• 1 May 2012 Emily said

Emily

Hey Bec, I got my Russian Visa through VisaLink and I got it back in about two weeks but I’m assuming you didn’t go through VisaLink?

I recall someone saying it could take up to a month so maybe just call the Travel Agent and chase it up? Although I doubt it would be anything to worry about.

Also Millie – I get into Berlin on the 13th June and would definitely be keen for some beers :) whereabouts are you planning on staying? I’m thinking of staying at The Circus Hostel: http://www.circus-berlin.de/prices.html

If anyone has some other recommendations, they would be greatly appreciated :)

Not long now!

• 1 May 2012 Emily said

Emily

Hey Bec, I got my Russian Visa through VisaLink and I got it back in about two weeks but I’m assuming you didn’t go through VisaLink?

I recall someone saying it could take up to a month so maybe just call the Travel Agent and chase it up? Although I doubt it would be anything to worry about.

Also Millie – I get into Berlin on the 13th June and would definitely be keen for some beers :) whereabouts are you planning on staying? I’m thinking of staying at The Circus Hostel: http://www.circus-berlin.de/prices.html

Not long now!

• 1 May 2012 Emily said

Emily

Not long now!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion