Community_discussions_small  

Question

England & Scotland Tour June 2012

27 Oct 2011 Lily asked

Lily

My friends and I (about 7 girls) are thinking about taking this trip next year in June. We are wondering if this is a popular trip, what are your past experiences, and if anyone is planning to go? Thanks!

• 9 Jan 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

g’day, im Greg. How ya going? im doing the june 4 contiki to scotland ireland but not the england part. is that the tour ur looking at?

• 16 Jan 2012 Beemish said

Beemish

My name is Brandon and I’m from the west coast of Canada. I booked this tour starting on June 13, 2012 in London. I’m looking forward to meeting people, the pubs, the UN World Heritage Sites, all of it! My ancestry is in the UK and I feel a real connection to it. This might not be the right place to discuss that tour though – I think there might be several UK tours in June.

• 17 Jan 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

G’day Brandon! How ya going mate? Is Ireland included as apart of your tour mate? I’m just making sure I’m in the right discussion,
    Cheers

• 15 Mar 2012 nwragg said

nwragg

Hi, i’m new to contiki as well and thinking of doing the great britain tour on the 22nd june!!

• 15 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

explorer1334554 – greg – I think you may join my tour? I’m doing the Great Britain and Ireland start London on June 1, and I think by the 4th we’re in Scotland? Does this sound like the right trip?

• 16 Mar 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

Hey Lou, how ya going? Yeah it might be it, I’m not going to England but I’m doing Scotland Ireland tour starting June 4 so maybe it’s one tour that joins up, not sure but I’ll be hanging around Ireland for two weeks after the tour with no plans just yet lol
    So where r u from? Flying solo?

• 16 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

My trip gets to Edinburgh on the 4th of June (I double checked) so it could possibly be the same one. Yeah, my tour starts and ends in London, was just the easier option for me!. I’m from Tassie! And yes I’ll be solo, you too by the looks of it?

• 16 Mar 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

By the looks of it? Was it that obvious? Lol tassie ay? My parents just got back from there and they loved it!
    If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your name? How old are you? I know this might sound abit forward I don’t mean it to sound this way but do u mind If I keep in contact with u? Always nice to meet up with new people you meet, up to u but maybe we could organise something

• 18 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Um, yes! :) Yeah, I lived in Melb for a few years but moved back to save money to travel!. My name is as it is on here – its Lou! (Louise) and I’m 26. I’ll message you my email if you like, don’t really want to put it on here for the world to see!. You should check out the forum on my Great Britain tour, click on my photo and it’ll take you to my discussions, there are a few more people on there!.

• 19 Mar 2012 Explorer1334554 said

Explorer1334554

Hey Lou I just replied to you email thanks

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.