Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.
Grand Adventurer Jan 08. Needing Advice about EVERYTHING
- 4 responses so far
hey sarah. incessant babble it isnt. and its good to think about this stuff early. i went on the explorer last year, and enjoyed it thoroughly, only difference is i went up to the bay of islands.
1. take a couple of jumpers with you, weather is unpredictable.
2. ok understanding your a student $50 should be about right, unless you go to the pub every night. but $50 sounds about right.
3. i did cash but sometimes wished i had a credit card. most optionals are either cash or credit card.
4. make time to do laundry, most of the places you stay from memory have laundry facilities on site, but you do have to pay for them.
5. queenstown is a piece of cake, you write down what you want to do and your tour manager books it in. plus you have 2 full days in queenstown. if your tour manager cant get you into something they will let you know immediately.
6.accommodation was basically backpackers. quad twin or triple share or double. you get to choose what you want. most of it was great except for waitomo because your out in farming country.
7. nope travel between optional excursions is free usually a bus comes and picks you up, drops you at your destination then picks you up again.
8. yep theres a dvd player on the coach, although we hardly used it. basically just cranked up the radio or we slept.
another piece of information. dont overpack, and i really recommend a suitcase with wheels.
cheers hope it helps some. enjoy your trip i know i did
Im also planning to visit New Zealand and going on that tour in late January- Where will you be coming from?
Cant wait! <!--graemlin::cool:-->
Thanks kazza! To hear it from a person rather than a brochure is so much more helpful.
And hello to Danz! Its nice to see that someone else is getting in early as well! I am coming from Australia, Sydney to be more specific. What about you?
wht dates r u all going? im doing the adventurer on the 4th of feb, cnt wait too!! haha if anyone’s going the same dates id luv to chat lol…
We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.