Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.
What to do post tour - Australia.
- 4 responses so far
after my tour i did a week in Sydney and a week in Melbourne. just enough time for me to see everything i wanted.
Any recommendations on must-sees in Sydney? I’m spending 3 days in Melbourne, but I have a friend there, so she’ll be my guide. I’ll be on my own in Sydney.
I’m in Sydney from 12/27 -1/2/10
i hit up:
- that explorer bus, wouldn’t really recommended it, all the stops are within walking distance if you don’t mind walking.
- patty’s market
- zoo/aquarium- i loved the zoo, even though it was surrounded by school groups aka little kids, and it was pouring rain, and the aquarium is not the best i’ve seen but it was still fun
- bondi beach- went on the day they had a marathon there so it was crazy packed so didn’t really enjoy it, found this huge 7 floor mall that spread across 2 blocks, i was in heaven there!
- spent one day just walking around, the architecture is something i’ve never seen before
- spent another day sleeping (this was post tour and the night before i met up with some people on that tour and we went to a club and i got back to hotel at 5am)
- took a day trip to the blue mountains- being from canada i thought it was a waste of money
- i really wanted to go to Manly but ran out of time
- i also wanted to see an opera or ballet, but none were playing when i had the time to go
also notice your there over new years so it will be probably crazy times, pretty busy, and since its cold up north more tourists then when i was there.
We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.