Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big Indochina Adventure, Feb 19th 2012

31 Oct 2011 Explorer1251672 asked

Explorer1251672

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone was booked onto The Big Indochina Adventure on the 19th Feb 2012?

I booked onto this at the weekend :-)

• 14 Nov 2011 Explorer1291351 said

Default_avatar

I’m booked! Vancouverite here, going to New Zealand and Australia before hand. Can’t wait!

• 15 Nov 2011 Explorer1251672 said

Explorer1251672

Woohoo! Was starting to think I was going on my own! I’m from the UK. Unfortuantely not going anywhere else due to work but still can’t wait for this tour. Have you done any others before?

• 23 Nov 2011 Explorer1291351 said

Default_avatar

Nope this is my first one, pretty excited though. My friend went on the vietnam one and had a blast! Yourself?

• 23 Nov 2011 Explorer1291351 said

Default_avatar

Nope this is my first one, but I’m pretty excited. A friend just came back from the Vietnam one and said it was a blast. What about yourself?

• 1 Dec 2011 Trev said

Trev

Greetings all, Im joining this tour in Saigon(HCMC) after the Mekong-Vietnam highlights tour. Im from Australia.
    Trev

• 1 Jan 2012 Sam & Anth Cole said

Default_avatar

Hello! We are coming on this tour. Cant wait! we get to bangkok on the 18th. My friend is doing this tour right now and looks like shes having an amazing time :) see u guys there. Anth and Sam (UK)

• 5 Jan 2012 AndyR said

AndyR

I’m in! Coming over from New Zealand on the 17th and staying the first two nights in Bangkok to “acquaint” myself with the culture. And figure out how to cross roads over there…I’m told they are rather hazardous!

Anyone else going to be around Bangkok for a pre trip beer or two?

Andy (Auckland, NZ)

• 6 Jan 2012 Explorer1327489 said

Explorer1327489

Hey.. im coming from Australia but just doing the asian adventure so finish up in siem reap..Getting to bangkok on the 18th of feb.. would be good to catch up before the trip.
    Looking forward to it! Just over a mouth to go :)
    Michelle.

• 6 Jan 2012 Explorer1251672 said

Explorer1251672

Does anyone know what visa’s we need to get? I heard that you only need to get one for Vietnam before hand but not sure if this is right?!

• 6 Jan 2012 Sam & Anth Cole said

Default_avatar

we only have the vietnam visa, the rest you can get when we are out there. i think. It should say in the info pack which im hoping is coming soon :) we are staying at the hotel that the trip starts on for the night before the trip (if that makes any sense!) i’m sure we could get together for a few drinks by the pool :) Andy- we went to bangkok 2010 and the driving was f*cking mental lol. sam & anth

• 6 Jan 2012 Explorer1291351 said

Default_avatar

I got the e-mail for the info-package a while back already. It says you need to do the Vietnam VISA before the trip, but the others we can get when we touchdown, just make sure you have enough passport photos and cash on hand.

Andy – I’m coming into Thailand the day before the trip and am gonna stay at the hotel we start in. Let’s definitely get together for a drink! I’m actually going to be in Auckland for a bit on Jan 25th, maybe pre-pre-trip drink? :D

Cheers,
    Ken

• 8 Jan 2012 Explorer1251672 said

Explorer1251672

Thanks for your help I’ll make sure I get the Vietnam visa sorted out and hopefully the info pack will come soon :-)

I get into Bangkok on the 18th so will see some of you there :-)

• 12 Jan 2012 AndyR said

AndyR

Sweet, sounds like enough people to arrange a good drink on the 18th. I too am staying at the Viengtai Hotel (just changed my booking to make it easier!)

Ken I’ll message you my NZ cell number. Always up for a drink in the sun.

• 10 Feb 2012 AndyR said

AndyR

Wow, only a week till it starts!! Michelle had a good thought that it would be heaps easier if there was a Facebook group that we could all go in to suss meeting up for a drink. So here one is…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249172021828268/

• 16 Feb 2012 semqf said

Default_avatar

I’ll be there too! Sarah from New Zealand :) Arriving at the airport at 9.30pm. We also have the whole next day to hang out before the tour starts, haven’t decided what I want to see in Bangkok yet.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion